cstuder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Kenmore washer won't drain
    Kenmore washer won't drain
    Model110.2206
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 12:32 AM
    Could be something went over the inner tub to the outer tub (small sock tetc.) We call them floaters. The unit will pump out until the sock or other items plugs the hole then it stops pumping for awhile. Years ago I made a retriever out of a coat hanger with a hook on the end. You go fishing for the item between the inner basket tub and the outer tub. If that fails then you have to pull the inner basket tub. That part is no fun
    ShadyLady Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Jan 10, 2009, 05:32 PM

Is the machine leaking water? If the pump has gone bad there might be a leak near the bottom front of the machine. If you can't find anything plugging up the drain hole then it's possible the pump is bad. Another way to get to the drain hole is take off the cabinet. The drain hole for the tub is right in front, with a large black hose going to the pump. It would be a lot easier than removing the inner basket!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite washer won't drain [ 12 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Catalyst washer Model #11020096992 is now five years old. I have had nothing but problems with this supposed "top of the line" product. We probably could have purchased another washer or two by now. The most recent problem is that it won't drain during the rinse and spin cycle. ...

My Kenmore 70 Series Washer won't drain [ 1 Answers ]

It's weird, I have a Kenmore Washer that goes through the entire wash cycle, and then stops right after the rinse cycle. It won't drain. It just completely stops. I don't understand it... it works fine up to that point; the belts are good, but why does it just suddenly stop, and how do I drain my...

Kenmore Washer won't drain [ 1 Answers ]

Washer will not drain. Do I need a new water pump or motor? Just replaced the coupler and it worked for a week and is down again. :o

Kenmore washer won't spin or drain [ 1 Answers ]

9 year old kenmore washer won't spin or drain water. Ordered new timer, but that wasn't it. Anyone know anything about this problem?

View more questions Search