Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    journey91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 01:13 PM
    I've been purging for about a year now
    Hi I have been purging for about a year now and I am only 16 years old. I got it under control and I stopped doing it but I'm still afraid that I have screwed up my health? My teeth seem to look OK but I heard that acid eats them away when purging. Will the acid eat my teeth as I grow up(not saying I'm going to continue to purge but from all the purging I've done as it is will or will they be like they are right now?). As far as my health goes I seem to function and everything OK so I have not spoken to anyone about it because I've gotten it under control. But I'm in fear that I've done too much damage to my body as it is? :confused:
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:16 PM

You have caused you body in general some stress, and I am so glad you are saying your over it, your teeth will suffer if you continue, to say the least! Just try drinking lots of water and helathy foods and recoup your health!
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jan 19, 2009, 11:11 PM

I'm glad that you stopped the purging.. it's a blessing that you were able to do that on your own..

I do think you should go to the doctors for a check up just to make sure everything is OK.. get some blood work done as well..

I suggest that you maybe talk to a counselor and get to the root of your addiction. People don't do those kind of things for no reason. You need to fix the problem that caused you to do it so that you will be free of this for good..

Please consider this. You don't even have to tell your mom why you want to see a counselor.. or you can even see one at your school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purging hot water system [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble purging air from my closed-loop hot water oil system. I close gate valve on return, then open purge valve (with hose attatched). Water runs, no air, pipes get hot but soon after cool down?? Any ideas? Timowner

Purging a baseboard system [ 2 Answers ]

How do I purge a hot water baseboard system? It seems to be filled with air and the water is not going through the baseboard.

Heat pump buzzing and purging noises [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Day & Night heat pump that is about 20 years old. I've noticed in the past that when it gets cold out (near or below freezing) the unit makes a loud buzzing noise. Actually the noise starts not to loud, but over the course of a minute or two it gets louder. At the loudest point of buzzing,...

Is purging bad? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Every time I look in the mirror I look terrible. I look like I gained ten pounds since yesterday. I tried to diet but being twelve at that time it was hard because parents notice everything. Then I started to not eat and now I don't and purge. One of my friends found out and they...

Dog Purging [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Im writing about my fathers Golden Retriever dog. He is about 5 years old. Lately when he's been eating he will immediately bring up his food. My dad has noted that its not whether the dog eats it fast or not. We feel its an upset stomach or just a reaction to food or his environment... any...

View more questions Search