Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prosty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2006, 01:35 AM
    Hi folks,
    I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all.
    I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2006, 04:27 AM
    Figuring the cost is easy. Just do your homework to learn the costs of rent for the place, the equipment, ISP, insurance, other furnishings, etc...

More importantly, though, is to survey the market to confirm that it would be profitable. Would people go there? Is there already an Internet Café in your area? If so, are they popular? What do they offer? etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2006, 06:02 AM
    If you are in the US, You might check out SCORE. Its an association of retried execs who help small business people.

You first need to decide on what business you want. Then you need to put together a business plan. There are software packages that will walk you through this process by asking the right questions. Once you have a business plan, you can start looking for funding or things you need to get rolling.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2006, 05:30 PM
    I will agree, also considered finding a similar business in another town and paying a fee to their owner or manager to talk to you and give you advice.

Most business fail because of lack of working captitol. Are you going to keep your regular job and also work this business, if not, you will want to also considered all your living expenese including insurances.

You need to look at all licenses, supplies, and all. Also assume working at a large loss the fist 6 months and at a small loss the next 6 months
    liridon shala Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 12:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I will agree, also considered finding a simular buisness in another town and paying a fee to thier owner or manager to talk to you and give you advice.

most business fail because of lack of working captitol. Are you going to keep your regular job and also work this business, if not, you will want to also considered all your living expenese including insurances.

You need to look at all licenses, supplies, and all. Also assume working at a large loss the fist 6 months and at a small loss the next 6 months

Totally I would consider this advice as good as the experience of him is. Best of all is just compare the business u want to start with that kind of business that they're dealing with ! Anyway consider four P-s as a very important setup before entring your business .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NSBA National Small Business Alliance [ 116 Answers ]

Attention all small business owners or individulas who are interested in establishing "Business Credit" donot become a member of NSBA located in California because National Small Business Alliance is a FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. NSBA guarantees a credit limit of $8,000.00 Travel, Business Marketing,...

How do I start my own business [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I go to find out about how to start my own business in Alameda Count Ca. Are there seminars that will tell me how to go about this?

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search