Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmyinMorral Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Child support and social security
    Ok, my husbands ex wife receives social security.There was a child support order for their 2 children established after their divorce. My husband has always had custody of their kids. She was supposed to pay support,but could never hold down a job due to her diabetes,so therefore she got on social security. The judge in this case stopped all child support and she was in arrears 10,000. Now because she gets social security my husband will never get anything. Is this right? I need answers!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 10:34 AM

Contact your attorney. I'm not sure on the laws in your state; here in WI, anytime you fall behind more than $100, they automatically flag your tax return for interception.
    AmyinMorral Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Contact your attorney. I'm not sure on the laws in your state; here in WI, anytime you fall behind more than $100, they automatically flag your tax return for interception.
    She never receives returns because she never works.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyinMorral View Post
    She never recieves returns because she never works.
    Take her back to court. The judge may have eliminated support, but she still has to pay arrears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support and social security disability [ 7 Answers ]

My ex said he is trying to get on disability so that he doesn't have to pay child support. Is this true? We live in PA

Social Security Disibality and child support [ 1 Answers ]

Following my divorce I became disable. My income has been cut by 60% and my medical expense have increased. Hers income has increased. I receive social security disability, but my x-wife receives the benefits for my son, which I 3 times more than what is dictated by the divorce. I have my son...

Social security and child support [ 4 Answers ]

How do you get child support agency to stop garnishing a social security check when the debt has been paid in full many times over

VA child support and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying find out if the state of VA can garnish social security and/or SSI for back child support. I understand some states do and some can't, can Virginia?

Can Child support garnish my social security and ssi [ 1 Answers ]

Child support started to garnish my disability checks, can they do that

View more questions Search