Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beemtec Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Steep Drainage Slope
    An Aerobic Wastewater Treatment System will be located about 125 meters (410 Ft) away and about 50 meters (165 Ft) down, from where the residence is located. That would result, if straight forward connected, in a drainage slope of about 22°. Any problems with such a connection? (Speed at the bottom etc.).

Any other considerations to observe?

Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 8, 2009, 09:10 AM
    The correct slope is 1/4" to the foot. Not enough slope will not allow the solids to be carried and too much slope will allow the liquid to drain so fast it will leave solids behind. How about locating the system closer and up the hill? Let me know, tom

Jan 8, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Thanks Tom,
    Your comment is right, unfortunately I cannot bring the tank closer to the residence. Just think at a non vertical soil stack. Would a stack with this slope work?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 9, 2009, 06:31 AM
    Out of that 410 feet how much of it can you run at 1/4" to the foot before you run out of ground and have to increase the fall? Cheers Tom

Jan 9, 2009, 06:53 AM

That's about it. The rocky slope starts and no possible digging until the bottom.
    I was hoping to find a solution before start blasting my way into the rock.
    Thanks, Maurice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yard and Patio Drainage Slope [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to build a Patio and Landscape my yard. What is the proper slope for drainage (per foot). Second part of same question. My neighbor's yard is higher than mine and I also need to slope mine more away from my house. Will I need to put in a retaining wall to prevent the water...

12 year leak on steep roof [ 1 Answers ]

I am losing my mind with this. I live in the hurricane zone of the Gulf of Mexico. My house is 12 years old with a very steep roof lines with a fireplace. I purchased the house when it was three yrs old. The inspection indicated that the roof needed to be reflashed. This was completed. Less...

Exterior drainage - paths slope towards garage [ 1 Answers ]

After a few rainfalls, I realised that water seeps into my aluminium clad garage from concrete paths on 3 sides and from a slight bank on one side. I've put drain-coil into the bank and dug a trench to below ground level on that side but the trench still tends to fill up. This side gets run-off...

Calculating slope and change in slope (Mathcad) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been using mathcad for a only a few weeks, so my knowledge of it is limited. I have a set of data points which I have created some polynomial and cubic splines on a graph. What I want to do is calculate the slopes and change in slope of the curves. Any help on a mathcad...

Three steep market declines in the past month. [ 25 Answers ]

"Three steep market declines in the past month have begun to raise concerns that deteriorating credit in the United States, rising inflation and higher interest rates are finally starting to end a long period of easy money in global markets. " Read more GPTB members Bow to the great kavenger The...

View more questions Search