Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maverick2darts Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Kitchen Sprayer hose gets stuck
    I am having a problem with my kitchen faucet's spray hose getting stuck on the water shut off valve below the sink. The sprayer is a stand alone item, not part of the actual faucet. I am wondering if anyone makes a shield or guard that can be attached to the water line above the shut off valve that allows the hose to just slide over it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 8, 2009, 07:16 AM

It won't look pretty... but cardboard and ducktape :)
    Had to do that myself

Jan 8, 2009, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the answer StaticFX. Seems like someone would have come up with an invention for this by now... but your idea would definitely work until someone does.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 8, 2009, 07:32 AM

Hmmm... you should whip something up! You could make a fortune! And have that loud guy on TV selling it for $19.95! Lol

Jan 8, 2009, 07:36 AM

I actually do have an idea for an invention for this that might work... plus another invention I'm working on. One thing is for sure, if I ever get something marketed I will refuse to use loudmouth Billy for the commercials! Every time he comes on TV I hit the MUTE button!
    PeterHoltan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 06:40 PM
    A hanger, a thin strip of metal, a thin strip of plastic (perhaps something cutout from an old Tupperware container), cardboard or anything that can be bent into a bow. Shape it into a bow that extends out far enough so that it will guide the hose over the valve. Screw this device to the back of your cabinet. If your sink is in an island cabinet, be sure that the screws aren't too long that they will protrude though the front surface of your cabinets.

Or just a glue a long wide strip of wood (wide enough that it extends beyond the valve) to the back of your cabinet.

What I did: I had a piece of that insulated foam that they put around pipes. It's foam so it's not itchy. It's about 1/2 inch thick, cylinder in shape and it has a slit on one side so that you can slip it right over pipe. I just placed a six inch piece around the pipe and over the valve. In my case, the offending valve was low profile so it fit right over the valve too and required no tape. Works great and can be removed effortlessly to access the valve.

Whatever solution you choose, just be sure that your remedy doesn't impede your ability to operate the valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change kitchen sprayer hose [ 3 Answers ]

The hose on a Moen kitchen faucet has a hole and needs replacing. I got a new hose but was going to reuse the sprayer head itself. How do I get the head off the old hose and on to the new one. Do I need to get a new spray head too?

Disconnecting kitchen faucet sprayer hose [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to replace my kitchen faucet, but I am unable to disconnect the sprayer hose from the copper pipe! The connection is a smooth cylinder rather than a nut, so regular & basin wrenches just slip around. I have tried putting WD-40 on the connection as well as gentle hammering to try to...

Kitchen sink sprayer hose water connection [ 2 Answers ]

The hose from my sprayer connects under my sink with an almost air-hose type connection with a small O-ring. (which is fine), What seemed to be left after it came off was a plastic casing in two parts, held together with wire. It comes from the manufacturer this way. Can anyone please explain how...

Kitchen sprayer & hose [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sprayer no longer works. I replaced the sprayer and hose but it still does not work. What else could cause the sprayer not to work?

Kitchen Sink w/sprayer hose plumbing diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I need a detailed diagram of how a sprayer hose is connected to the kitchen sink plumbing. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find one that actually shows the sprayer hose and how is connected to the plumbing under the kitchen sink. I have found several that mention the sprayer hose but...

View more questions Search