Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riverside123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2006, 10:03 PM
    17 week old daschund
    I just brought home my first daschund puppie two days ago, she is very very shy. Is this normal and how do I help her relax, she will play for a little bit but all she seems to want to do is sleep, I'm I being a worrie wart ? Please help... and how do I get her to know her name?:) :)
    VLynn123 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Jul 25, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Congrats on your puppy. I have one also. Mine slept a lot also when I first got her. I just stayed around her for her to get to know me and I just kept calling her name constantly. She knows her name, even though my family likes to call her different names at some point. She's probably still scared of her new surroundings. Once she gets comfortable, she'll relax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

5 week old kitten [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have recently received a 5 week old kitten and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how much milk I should be giving her. She is eating solid food but she prefers the milk. She is really small because her mother stopped feeding her so she has lost quite allot of weight. I would really...

One more week [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I just had to make a new post... :rolleyes: My Dr appt went really well today. The u/s and weight assessment was about five and a half pounds for each of the babies. I'm at three cm and it really doesn't look like I'm going to be progressing into labor anytime soon... :( Sooooo... I'm going...

Is once a week enough for abs? [ 4 Answers ]

I have heard you can work your abs max 3 times a week. About 5 days ago I did a killer ab workout and my abs are still a little sore. Should I work them if they are sore? Is Once a week enough?

7 week old GSD won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

We just brought home a 7-week old GSD and he has a wonderful temperament but he hardly eats at all during the day, vomited once (on the first full day that he was home), and has had nothing but diarrhea and urine come out of him. He also sleeps about 90% of the time during the day. We have been...

8 week old daschund keeps crying [ 1 Answers ]

We just brought home an 8 week old puppy from the breeder 2 days ago. He is a male daschund who loves to play. At night we put him in his crate at about 10:30p. The first night he wimpered a little, which is expected and last night he slept perfect until about 5a when he started crying very...

View more questions Search