Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannonbug Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Jan 7, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Why am I having trouble breathing?
    Hi

I am having trouble breathing I don't have asma I am pretty sure but I don't know what else it could be... I am at a lost can someone help me?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2009, 12:14 AM

It very well could be allergies and/or Asthma or even something else.

Allergies can be seasonal or environmental. It could be an indoor problem or an outdoor problem.

An Allergist can easily assess this with a peak flow meter and other respiratory testing. You can also be tested for particular allergens.

When, where and in what position do you have trouble breathing?

What season?

How long have you had this problem?
    Weather at the time?

If it's sudden, go to the emergency room.

Jan 8, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    It very well could be allergies and/or Asthma or even something else.

Allergies can be seasonal or environmental. It could be an indoor problem or an outdoor problem.

An Allergist can easily assess this with a peak flow meter and other respiratory testing. You can also be tested for particular allergens.

When, where and in what position do you have trouble breathing?

What season?

How long have you had this problem?
    Weather at the time?

If it's sudden, go to the emergency room.
    Its ben happening for about 5 months now and I will just be sitting down at a neighbors or outside even home or in the car and I will just start breathing really fast like I'm out of breath! If I bend my chest over my legs and squeze my chest really hard it will start to hurt less but not completely stop
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2009, 04:16 PM

See if this fits:

Hyperventilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Search Results: Merck Manual Home Edition
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2009, 04:25 PM
    You NEED to be seen by a doctor. Could it be stress or anxiety?

Jan 8, 2009, 09:30 PM
    OK thank you

Jan 8, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You NEED to be seen by a doctor. Could it be stress or anxiety?
    Stress yes that's everyday for me anxiety it could be I'm not to sure on that one
    pareg Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2009, 05:56 PM
    There are many reasons for breathlessness or shortness of breath(sob).
    It may be due to a disease of the respiratory system(lungs) or a disease of the Cardiovascular system(heart).
    It will be very difficult to answer this question without knowing anything about you.
    Your age, any other symptoms as cough, any swelling of legs. And about the characteristics of sob, whether it will be present through the day or only at certain times of a day or only in certain season etc.

Jan 13, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pareg View Post
    There are many reasons for breathlessness or shortness of breath(sob).
    It may be due to a disease of the respiratory system(lungs) or a disease of the Cardiovascular system(heart).
    It will be very difficult to answer this question without knowing anything about you.
    Your age, any other symptoms as cough, any swelling of legs. And about the characteristics of sob, whether it will be present through the day or only at certain times of a day or only in certain season etc.
    I'm 15 and I have nasty cough it happens when I'm just sitting around or laying
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 05:13 PM
    The reason I asked about stress or anxiety is because of your other thread...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ed-301015.html

Could this have anything to do with it?

Jan 18, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    The reason I asked about stress or anxiety is because of your other thread...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ed-301015.html

Could this have anything to do with it?
    It could be yea I can't deny it... I try not to think about it... doesnt always work though
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 09:33 PM

Are you the young girl being sexually molested by a family member?

Jan 22, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    Are you the young girl being sexually molested by a family member?
    Yes
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 12:00 PM

I know this thread is about a month old, but I think you should see if it isn't anxiety! I suffer from panic anxiety, and a panic attack, can come very sudden.. totally out of the blue, one moment you are feeling fine, you might even be happy or be in a very happy state of mind and situation and then all of a sudden... BANG there it is.

You should go see a doctor about it, and if your parents won't take you.. well do youi have a nurse at school that you can talk to?

There are a various reasons for anxiety and there are many types of anxiety! And chest pains and trouble breathing can be a sign of a oanic attack.

And seeing as you have a very troubled passed and current situation, in so many ways (and at such a young age) It wouldn't be that strange if you feel stressed out!
    askgraceyb Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 08:38 PM
    I have been having the same problem. It kind of feels like it's not a full breath, if that makes sense. It could be from hypertension, or an unhealthy diet, or not enough exercise. Or, it could allergies or asthma. There's a lot of reasons. You should see a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why God? Why am I breathing? [ 5 Answers ]

We've been dating for 7 years. We've been through a lot, more than we both can put behind us. I am to needy, I don't leave the house, I don't work, or have any friends, So I rely on him for all my happiness. I have pushed him away, he doesn't spend time with me, he is not compassionate,...

Trouble breathing (coughing a lot) [ 2 Answers ]

I have felt like I have phlegm in my chest lately (if that's possible), my chest has felt tight lately and I have always coughed a lot, what might this mean?

Trouble breathing. Stressed out. Headaches [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I'm 14 and I've been having a rough social life for about a year now and I'm having trouble breathing... it only started like half an hour ago and it has never happened to me before... if I don't think about breathing and force myself to breathe then I stop breathing... it feels like I'm not...

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

Breathing pain [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently I have had a sharp pain only when I breath in deep, right about the center of my chest right about where the center of the rib cage ends, but no numbness or anything in my arm, anyone think they might know what it means?

View more questions Search