Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bippybird Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Drank late Saturday night, had a drug test sent to lab today,
    I slipped up on Saturday nght and drank. Last drink was 3am Sunday. I just took a drug tet at my counselors office, and to my surprise she sent it to "THE LAB".. I just heard of EtG testing. I'm scared I'm going to get caught and go to jail. Its been 88 hours.. am I okay:eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 08:52 PM

Well while it is doubtul, it sounds like they may have heard of your party and trying to get it to show up.

What part of the rules of probation do you not understand. Let one of those buddies get mad at you and turn you in perhaps with cell phone photos sent to your PO

Jan 7, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    well while it is doubtul, it sounds like they may have heard of your party and trying to get it to show up.

What part of the rules of probation do you not understand. Let one of those buddies get mad at you and turn you in perhaps with cell phone photos sent to your PO
    I'm not on probation. I wasn't at a party, I understand the rules of probation just fine thank you. I slipped up and am not in the position to be honest about it, which is what id like to do. I had never heard of EtG. Have you?
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 09:26 PM

Yes, it is a much more defined test, and it is possible. The positive will depend on what levels are considered acceptabe by what ever agncy is checking you.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 09:27 PM

EtG is an alcohol test that is detected in the urine.

I am assuming you're underage, if you're worried about being caught for drinking.

There's a possibility that you could get caught for alcohol.

Jan 7, 2009, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    etg is an alcohol test that is detected in the urine.

I am assuming you're underage, if you're worried about being caught for drinking.

There's a possibility that you could get caught for alcohol.
    No I am 30 years old. I drank 88 hours ago. I thought the guidelines were 80 hours. I know WHAT the test is, just want to know if I'm going to fail it

Jan 7, 2009, 09:45 PM
    yes, it is a much more defined test, and it is possible. The positive will depend on what levels are considered acceptabe by what ever agncy is checking you.
    At least you seem to know what you are talking about. If its been 88 hours, shouldn't I be okay. I stand to go to jail. I know it was astupid risk, and I am truly sorry for it. How do I find out if I will be okay? I'm not POSITIVE it is an EtG test. Just can't figure why else it was sent to a lab. She did the drug screen in front of me...
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 09:46 PM

Ah, I see. I didn't really understand the question.

The EtG has been known to be very unpredictable and unreliable. Regardless of this, if you drank 88 hours ago, and the cutoff is 80, there is still a good chance that small traces will show. With that said, however, I previously mentioned that the test is unreliable.

Since the test is already taken, there's really nothing that could be done. Just focus on not slipping anymore.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 09:47 PM
    She did the actual drug screen in front of you... with all the strips?

Most of the drug tests are now sent to labs.

Jan 7, 2009, 09:55 PM
    She did the actual drug screen in front of you...with all the strips?

Yea with the strips and all. I can't think of any other reason she would send the urine out. Maybe to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.. the people in my class are all in there for alcohol. So I just assume a more extensive test. I haven't messed up in at all in this program. Court date was coming up on Monday, and messed up and drank.. court went great, I got house arrest, but failure of this test means all will be revoked and I'm really scared. I can't come clean, which is why I don't agree with this program, you know..
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 09:58 PM

I will come down hard, you needed to be that scared sat night before you started drinking. Then you would not have this issue now.

Jan 7, 2009, 09:58 PM
    She did the actual drug screen in front of you...with all the strips?

Do you think I will pass? I don't know anyone to ask. Never been in this situation before..

Jan 7, 2009, 10:06 PM
    I will come down hard, you needed to be that scared sat night before you started drinking. Then you would not have this issue now.
    I know. Thanks for your advice. People make mistakes, I just hope I pass. No more drinking for me. I guess if they say 80 hours, its 80 hours.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 7, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bippybird View Post
    i know. thanks for your advice. people make mistakes, i just hope i pass. no more drinking for me. i guess if they say 80 hours, its 80 hours.
    Yes people do make mistakes, it's all a part of being human. But the thing is that you made a mistake that landed you in a situation that required you to NOT make this mistake. It comes to a point where you have to ask how many mistakes is too many. I don't like to see people go to jail for trivial things but the fact is that if you do go, you brought it upon yourself. I know that this is not your question but no one here will be able to give you a definitive answer. Everyone's metabolism is different.

Jan 7, 2009, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkwithaK View Post
    Yes people do make mistakes, it's all a part of being human. But the thing is that you made a mistake that landed you in a situation that required you to NOT make this mistake. It comes to a point where you have to ask how many mistakes is too many. I don't like to see people go to jail for trivial things but the fact is that if you do go, you brought it upon yourself. I know that this is not your question but no one here will be able to give you a definitive answer. Everyone's metabolism is different.
    Well thanks
    broncos 152 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Jan 17, 2009, 09:23 PM
    So did u get caught?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:32 PM

THe ETG test concentrates on a direct metabolite of ethanol alcohol, the presence of ETG in urine, can be used to detect recent alcohol usage 3-4 days or up to 6 days, ( roughly 80 hrs.), "AFTER" the alcohol has been "metabolized" by your body! SO... you get what I'm trying to tell you, 80-88 hrs, your on a really thin line here!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What type of music is the Opening Theme Song of Saturday Night Live considered? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had this question on my mind recently. I'm looking for the type of music (live upbeat Jazz) that is evident in the modern version of Saturday Night Live. Also, I would like to know some other artists (if possible) in the music genre. I'm really starting to love the vibrant energy in this...

Saturday Night Live Theme Song; Clarinet. Where To Find? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, Easy and simple right? I'm Looking for a 'free version' Of the Saturday Night Live Theme Song. For Clarinet. Well, I can in no way find it. >.< Help, please (: Thanks.

Any better ideas for a Family night for Saturday? [ 6 Answers ]

Sup, I am organising a Family Night on Saturday since I hardly ever spend time with them koz I am always clubbing,partying e.t.c. I Have 13 yr old sister,15 yr old sister,2o year old brother and of course mum and dad. My plan would have been take them all out clubbing lol but unfortunately my...

Drug abuse today [ 2 Answers ]

I have a delivery speech in my english 3 subject and I am a radio reporter and my speech my topic is "What can i say about the drug addiction today?"please... give me some idea about drugs addiction today...

View more questions Search