Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soiled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 07:51 PM
    How Size up transformer?
    Good day guys!
    Just want to know the basics on how to get the size of transformer in terms of KVA rating.
    I have motor loads of 400 amps which operates at 380 V / 3phase. The supply/primary voltage of transformer must be 230 V / 3 phase.What size of transformer should I used? Thanks in advance for the answers! Any relevant article in computing transformer rating would be a good reference too.. :)
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Apr 20, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Your basic load (running load) is 160 kva. Tfr rating shall be more than or equal to 192 kva.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire size & conduit size for 60 am subpanel 150 from source [ 9 Answers ]

Indiana question: I want to install a 60amp subpanel 150 feet from the main panel. This is all exposed runs both inside and out in a commercial envirenement. What gauge and type of copper wire and what size conduit whould I use. How often should insert a junction box in the run. John

Size of stepdown transformer for 2400 watt 3.5 hp blender motor [ 1 Answers ]

Dear folks, I have a 110 v megablender with 3.5hp motor in New Zealand with 220 v power. Yes I know the cycles are different but I figured that one out and it's OK. The blender is 2400 watts. How big of a step-down transformer do I need. I was hoping that 3000 watts would be enough but then I...

Size of voltage transformer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a radio the supply power is 220V AC and I have problem on it and after check I found the voltage transformer inside the radio was defect . The input supply for it is 220 v ac but I did not know the output. The voltage transformer has this data on it V - 0250130G K3 35115 CAN YOU HELP ME...

Queen size frame-full size mattress [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full size mattress set and want to know if it can be used with a queen size bed frame? I heard there was a kit that can be used to make it fit.

Compatibilities between awg wiring, breaker amp size, outlet amp size [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Is there a resource out there, prefereably on the web, that outlines the compatibilities between awg wiring, the breaker amp size, outlet amp size, how many recepticles/outlets can be on x amp outlet, etc? For example, it would be nice to see something that shows: you can use a 20 amp...

View more questions Search