Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dheeraj7m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
    Ms Office
    Hi when I try to open a word file its taking a long time for it to open as it says its scanning for virus.. its taking almost 2 minutes for a file to open. It happens with the smallest size of word document
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2006, 12:55 AM
    Try reading this link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/word-p...can-25289.html
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 24, 2006, 12:57 AM
    Run a virus scan on your PC, make sure your virus definitions are up-to date.

If you are clear, run a spyware scan. (spybot, adaware, etc)

If that is all OK, turn off your virus software and then reboot. Try opening the document and see if it is more quick.

Let us know, how you get on.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Good memory, I forgot about that thread
    It wasn't a good memory. I put a few words in Google and it was 4th on the list :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office 300 [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I have Office 3000 for a 60 day free trial with my computer - I had to do a system restore last week and ever since then I keep getting a pop up box trying to install Office 3000 - then I get an error message - a required installation file SKU112.CAB could not be found - it tells me to...

Help! With windows office! [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I have windows 2003on my brand new laptop (haha) and so the laptop comes with the 30 day trial for windows 2006 but I don't want that. Every time I open like word it pops up then it says=installing windows 2006 trial. And I can't open my projects I've done cause when I close the installation...

Installing office in XP [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a new laptop that came with windows XP professional. The first time I logged on to the internet, I used Windows update and installed all the updates. Then, I inserted my Office XP cd and got this message. "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location...

Xp Office [ 5 Answers ]

I have an Me Operating system and I`m trying to install the Microsoft Xp Office. It is installed successfully but as I reboot the installation is lost.When I click on the shortcut for either Word,exel or Powerpoint ,I always get the massage `This action only valid for products that are currently...

Please help out of office notice [ 1 Answers ]

How to set up the notice at MS outlook?

View more questions Search