Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wicca_moon_03 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jul 23, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Opinion on baby's name tattoo
    I kind of need suggestions on what my tatto should look like. I just turned 18 and I want to get a tattoo. Nothing extreme but I just had a baby that I named gabriel and I want to get a tattoo with his name. What I need suggestions for is for things like placement, size, and what type of picture would go best with it. I was thinking a dove but I'm not sure how well whitish tatoos would work out. Any advice would be great thanks.:D
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
    I had my sons name written in Japanese on my arm. But some of the good artist that do them now a days can do a real like image of your child on your body but hey that costs loads of $$$$.

Keep us up dated and remember they last a life time so ensure you pick one you want to stick with and feel happy with.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 23, 2006, 11:02 PM
    Hi again,
    If you have any ties to, or inclination toward, Christian ideology, you could get an angel of sorts, after the archangel of the same name. Perhaps an inscription like "Gabriel. Mommy's little angel." :D Just a thought. :)

Jul 24, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Oh that is very cute. Thanks for the ideas guys :)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 24, 2006, 08:30 AM
    A friend of mine has her four kids names tattooed around her upper arm in like a bracelet with small images in between to separate the names. I am offering this now so you might think about if you have other children, how those would work in too?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2006, 07:06 PM
    I have one suggestion. Get a small tattoo in a place that is hidden for odds are that sometime in the future you will want to have the tattoo removed therefore the reason to have in a place that is hidden because tattoos are not always very good looking after they have been removed. If you don't believe me about wanting it removed call you local determotologist and ask some questions.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 24, 2006, 07:17 PM
    And in my situation, the nursing school I go to will not accept anyone with a visible tattoo or piercing. Just wait

I was 38 when I decided to enroll and this is one of the best schools in my area.

So if I had that tattoo that was visible, I could have a 4.0 GPA, but could not get in. And the nurses that graduate from my school get some of the highest paying jobs in our area. Like St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 24, 2006, 07:29 PM
    The same was true of the college I attended for massage. Strong emphasis was placed on all aspects of appearance; more formal attire, shoes, hair, no jewelry. Some people had a great deal of tattoos, but none they were not able to easily cover. The one person who had an eyebrow you could hang a shower curtain off, had to eventually remove all their piercings. Piercings and tattoos are a factor in may areas of employment, and unfortunately, do sometimes alter an employer's view of certain potential employees, despite their often stellar credentials.

Jul 24, 2006, 11:01 PM
    I was thinking of getting it somewhere inconspicuous like my ankle. I'm not brave enough to get a big one :D
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2006, 11:10 PM
    I saw a lady that had her baby's foot prints tattooed on her. The artist dipped the baby's feet in something and transferred them to her shoulder (back) and also put his name below. Looked really cool!

Jul 25, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Hehe that's precious
    Tommi Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2006, 01:23 AM
    I had a tattoo of a heart with a banner around it. The banner has my kids' names on it in their handwriting. I got the idea from Tommy Lee when he had his kids' names tattooed on his wrists in their handwriting. My kids love it and so do I. It is by far my favorite tattoo.
    jesee Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2006, 07:23 AM
    I have 4 tats and they are places so that you only see them if I wnt you to I think that this idea of a child themed tat is a good on cause no matter what that child is yours and it is a way to say this is my child and I am pround to be his mom my sister has 2 boys and I have there hand prints on my shoulder blades and my oldest nephew thinks it is cool to see how much his hand has grown in the 5 years he has been alive I am expecting my first in jan and plan to have his feet print but on my lower back think about his name in a pretty script writing on your back cause it is very hideable there plus they don't hurt as much there as the ankle
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
    If you're a tattoo freak like myself and have some plans to cover various parts of your body, you have to take that into consideration. I have a large stylized bird on my back to represent my child. I was never a fan of names on the body, but children are definitely different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwanted Tattoo! [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get rid of an unwanted Tattoo?

Tattoo designing software [ 3 Answers ]

I saw some tattoo designs in tattoo johny.com which software the tattoo designs are created

Tattoo [ 7 Answers ]

OK this may seem weird but latly I've bin thinking about getting a tattoo but not a normall one, it would be on my penis I'm not precise on what I won't but I was wondering if any one has bin their an done that, would they give some advise on what to get or how painfull it is. Also does it cost...

Opinion [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone used Ideal In-Sure Push-In Wire Connectors? What is your opinion of them?

Baby's sex [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22 weeks pregnant with my second child. Please could you tell me the baby's sex?

View more questions Search