Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 13, 2009, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    As one of the few people posting in this thread who actually happens to be gay, I can vouch for one thing- it's not a choice. For those who say it is, I ask you this- when did you "choose" to be straight? When did you say to yourself, "gee...I'm really hot for my friend Bob, but I'll do the" right" thing and marry a girl?". I guarantee you didn't.

I'm a lesbian and an atheist. I've been "out" so long, I don't see it as a gift or a curse, it's just who I am. Anyone who can't handle it matters not to me. While I didn't choose to be gay, I wouldn't change it, either. It's hard-wired into me, it's one of the parts that make up the whole of me. For those gay people who believe in god, I think that most of them believe that god made them that way. If not, it would make god one real sadistic s.o.b., wouldn't it? Who would want to worship that?
    It warms my heart to see that gays are at peace with themselves more and more and have come a long way from the days of Rock Hudson, Sargent, and others years ago.
    I think it would be so sad if you had to walk around hiding who you are and living a lie.
    We still have a way to go, but at least we are going in the right direction.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 13, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    It warms my heart to see that gays are at peace with themselves more and more and have come a long way from the days of Rock Hudson, Sargent, and others years ago.
    I think it would be so sad if you had to walk around hiding who you are and living a lie.
    We still have a way to go, but at least we are going in the right direction.
    Make that Sargent. Funny, this thread will not allow me to type Mr Sargent's 1st name. I'll just call him Richard. How about that? You know, the 2nd Darrin on Bewitched. Oh yeah, Robert Reed. AKA Mike Brady on the Brady Bunch, also forced to live a lie or be shunned by society and the industry. What a shame.. I can't believe I couldn't enter Mr Sargent's first name. WOW
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Feb 13, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Make that Sargent. Funny, this thread will not allow me to type Mr Sargent's 1st name. I'll just call him Richard. How about that? You know, the 2nd Darrin on Bewitched. Oh yeah, Robert Reed. AKA Mike Brady on the Brady Bunch, also forced to live a lie or be shunned by society and the industry. What a shame.. I can't believe I couldn't enter Mr Sargent's first name. WOW

Oh yeah... "Darrin", or "Durwood", as Endora used to call him! So, we can't type "d-ick" here?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 12:57 PM
    I couldn't remember his first name until you posted that Ren lol

I had an Uncle D**k, who wasn't a d**k at all. :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    Oh yeah..."Darrin", or "Durwood", as Endora used to call him! So, we can't type "d-ick" here?
    That's right, it's part of the censored word list.
    Peacekelsey Posts: 33, Reputation: 6
    -

Feb 14, 2009, 09:44 PM

This is a beautiful thought and I agree. One more thing I'd like you to take into account is that our spirits are both male and female... therefore, sexuality is what people have made it. In past lives, its very possible we were a different sex... so in turn... at some point, I'm sure everyone would be 'gay'
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 11:07 PM

Well just to throw another spanner into the works, as a bi person I'd like to say that it really doesn't bother me what the religious world do or do not think of my personal decisions.

If I meet my maker, I'll sit down and have a chat, until then.. I'll be making my own decisions based on what I believe as you all have the right to do yourselves.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Feb 23, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten420 View Post
    I honestly do not think that being gay is a sin.

PPL do NOT want to be gay it is NOT a choice that someone wants to make.

I honestly do not kno one gay person that wanted to be gay.

nobody wants to go through life being confused and made fun of all the time. and getting beat up.

. Why would you even belive that God would create someone to be a sinner the rest of there life bc they feel soemthign that they can't even control.

GOD loves all of his children. If they have faith though he opens them into his life.

I kno a lot of gay christians and they have faith in the lord jesus christ. they believe that jesus died on the cross for all of they're sins.
    They belive that god loves them and made them special in every way just like he made me and you. and just like he loves me and you.

i dont kno why ppl dont get it taht gay ppl dont want to be gay. its not a desicion that they just make one day. its something that they can't even control.

who in the heck that loves the lord jesus christ and goes to church everyday would want to be gay if its sinning. answer me that question.

im not going to make this a argument or debate everyone has there beliefs. This is how I see it.

I kno lots of gay ppl.
    They go to church every Sunday. and they love the lord and they belief the lord loves them. now why would a person that goes to church every sunday and prays to our father want to be a sinner?

do you rly think that gay christians wake up one day and say you kno what i might go to church everyday but since go thinks being gay is a sin i am going to be gay. and hey why not i love being made fun of and tormented for my whole life bc im gay. so lets do it! and while were at it my father wouldnt want me to be gay and he would dis own me so lets go do that to!

does any of that make sense to you bc its not supposed to.
    Your argument doesn't make sense. If being gay ISN'T wanted, why would you tell someone it's a gift?

The Bible clearly states that God made them Man and Woman, and that any sex outside of marriage is sin.

Feb 23, 2009, 04:40 PM

People are not born gay. We are all born sinners and homosexuality is sin.

Psalm 51:5
    For I was born a sinner—yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.

Romans 3:10
    As it is written: “ There is none righteous, no, not one;

1 Corinthians 6:9
    Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Leviticus 18:22
    “Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.

1 Timothy 1:10
    The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching

Notice that those who break promises are just as guilty of sin as those who practice homosexuality? God is holy and cannot tolerate sin of any kind.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 04:49 PM

Are you gay?

Well if your not, what right do you have to say that one is not born gay?

How can you tell someone with first hand knowledge that they are wrong when you have nothing other than a book to base your convictions on?

Feb 23, 2009, 05:20 PM

My convictions are based on the Holy Spirit and what He speaks to my spirit; on His Word. My experience is that my heart and mind are subject to being deceived by the lies of this world if I choose my own reasoning. Therefore, I choose His understanding and Wisdom.

Nope, not gay, but that doesn't preclude my sins.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 05:35 PM

Gone the way of many, several posts deleted, thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is an appropriate gift? [ 4 Answers ]

One of my nephews has just gotten engaged and I have no idea what to give as a gift. He got engaged on Tues. and registered on Thursday. When do I send the gift, there is talk of an engagement party this summer? I am very close to his mother and don't want to cause hard feelings. Is there a...

How much is gift tax on $100,000? [ 6 Answers ]

My parents are looking into helping me with a down payment on an apartment. The rule for gift tax is each parent can give you $13,000 per year without being taxes. But, if my parents wanted to give me $100,000 for a down payment on an apartment, how much would that be taxed? If anyone can point...

Is this an OK gift? [ 8 Answers ]

My first cousin I s getting married in about 2 months. She and I were never close. When I got married she gave me 1 whine goblet with religious emblems on it (may spent $30.00) had no travel expense. I on the other hand have to drive 6 plus hours (each way) by myself, leaving my child and...

View more questions Search