Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conjuanie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 01:49 PM
    I found a small pill
    I found a small pill on my floor and am having a hard time identifying it. It is light yellow, small round with an imprint on one side that is a six sided box with DO in it's middle:confused:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by conjuanie View Post
    I found a small pill on my floor and am having a hard time identifying it. It is light yellow, small round with an imprint on one side that is a six sided box with DO in it's middle:confused:

I'm going to assume the pill did not come in the box and somebody PUT it in a box.

From your description it's an Oxycodone/Aspirin mix.

If you need to know 100% take it a Pharmacist and ask him/her to visually inspect and identify it.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 02:07 PM

It's a Yasmin pill (birth control pill)

Imprint: DO
    Description: Tab, Yellow, Round, Film Coated, DO inside hexagon
    Ingredient &
    Strength: Drospirenone 3 mg, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 mg
    Brand (or equiv.): Yasmin
    Firm: Berlex
    NDC#: 50419-0402
    Class;Sch: Oral Contraceptive
    momof2kids Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Anytime you want to identify a pill... Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects and click on pill identifier and click on I agree and then answer the questions about what the pill looks like.. it is VERY safe and reliable...
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva View Post
    It's a Yasmin pill (birth control pill)

Imprint: DO
    Description: Tab, Yellow, Round, Film Coated, DO inside hexagon
    Ingredient &
    Strength: Drospirenone 3 mg, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 mg
    Brand (or equiv.): Yasmin
    Firm: Berlex
    NDC#: 50419-0402
    Class;Sch: Oral Contraceptive

I don't know which one of us is correct but Canadian markings are often not the same as US markings -

If you go here you will get the same answer I did.

Drug Information for Endodan Oral - WebMD
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2kids View Post
    anytime you want to identify a pill...Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects and click on pill identifier and click on I agree and then answer the questions about what the pill looks like..it is VERY safe and reliable...

The only absolutely reliable source is a Pharmacist. More and more drugs are being imported and the markings are most definitely not the same.

I see more and more drugs brought into the Pharmacy which are from foreign manufacturers and, therefore, very difficult to identify.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Jan 7, 2009, 03:54 PM

So now I'm left wondering if its oxy or birth control lmao!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 03:57 PM

And of course wondering why people are finding pills laying around they don't know what they are

Jan 7, 2009, 04:10 PM

I have had it happen though myself before I was rearranging and found a pill laying by the baseboard in my bedroom I had no clue I threw it away. Figured it was probably expired anyway lol
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by topladyj View Post
    I have had it happen though myself before i was rearranging and found a pill laying by the baseboard in my bedroom i had no clue i threw it away. Figured it was probably expired anyways lol

You'd be amazed at the people who post, find out (maybe) what it is - and then post something to the effect of "okay."

Now the question becomes - are they going to actually TAKE the pill without it being 100% identified.

And now another word about drugs from foreign countries, often marked in some other way to get them into the US - or Canada, for that matter. It is becoming a problem.

Jan 7, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by momof2kids
    Anytime you want to identify a pill... Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects and click on pill identifier and click on I agree and then answer the questions about what the pill looks like.. it is VERY safe and reliable...

The only absolutely reliable source is a Pharmacist. More and more drugs are being imported and the markings are most definitely not the same.

I see more and more drugs brought into the Pharmacy which are from foreign manufacturers and, therefore, very difficult to identify.

Yes, I agree, but they will use the SAME, EXACT website that I sent you to, as I have been in the pharmacy field for 10 years...
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Quote:
    anytime you want to identify a pill...Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects and click on pill identifier and click on I agree and then answer the questions about what the pill looks like..it is VERY safe and reliable...

Yes, I agree, but they will use the SAME, EXACT website that i sent you to, as i have been in the pharmacy field for 10 years...

As have I and I don't use that site so "they" don't (all) use that same website.

We are not in disagreement here - the two sites give different ID's for the same pill. I wouldnt' trust either - nor would I trust a website.

And, yes, my husband was a Doctor of Pharmacy, a teacher, and I ran the Pharmacies after he died. I assume you are a Pharmacist, also, or you wouldn't be identifying pills (if you are).

Jan 7, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Quote:
    Quote:

Yes, I agree, but they will use the SAME, EXACT website that I sent you to, as I have been in the pharmacy field for 10 years...

As have I and I don't use that site so "they" don't (all) use that same website.

We are not in disagreement here - the two sites give different ID's for the same pill. I wouldnt' trust either - nor would I trust a website.

And, yes, my husband was a Doctor of Pharmacy, a teacher, and I ran the Pharmacies after he died. I assume you are a Pharmacist, also, or you wouldn't be identifying pills (if you are).

Yes... :)

Jan 8, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I would suggest you read through past posts including people who upon being advised what the pill is have said, "Oh, yes, right. I must have dropped it," and I would assume go on to take it.

As far as quoting you and your other opinions of me and the "things I make up in my head" - please don't carry your argument with me about your incorrect legal advice on two other threads onto this tread.

I can't make you look stupid - only you can do that.
    Im sure that any normal person would not just take a pill found on the floor, but maybe this person is trying to ID a pill that they found in the room of someone underage and instead of asking and possibly being lied to, they were trying to find out the answer before any accusations...
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Im sure that any normal person would not just take a pill found on the floor, but maybe this person is trying to ID a pill that they found in the room of someone underage and instead of asking and possibly being lied to, they were trying to find out the answer before any accusations...

I wasn't referring specifically to the OP - I was referring to past history on this same thread. I think a "normal person" would simply throw it away (unless they find it in their child's possession) or take it to a Pharmacist.

I think it's something that has to be said and it's been said before on other boards concerning medication.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2009, 01:16 PM
    I think a "normal person" would simply throw it away (unless they find it in their child's possession) or take it to a Pharmacist.
    I agree with Judy here. Having been on this site a while many of these "I found a pill" questions seems very dodgy.

Jan 8, 2009, 01:21 PM

Please everyone back to the person in need here everyone is trying to prove points I am still wondering what kind of pill it was, did they even figure it out?
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 02:16 PM
    I don't know which one of us is correct but Canadian markings are often not the same as US markings -

If you go here you will get the same answer I did.

Drug Information for Endodan Oral - WebMD
    I went to the website you linked me to and it says the marking on this pill is ENDO 610

I got mine from kinneydrugs.com and then went to pill identifier... I use that one cause more often than not it has photos, though not for this pill.
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva View Post
    I went to the website you linked me to and it says the marking on this pill is ENDO 610

I got mine from kinneydrugs.com and then went to pill identifier... I use that one cause more often than not it has photos, though not for this pill.

So I guess we'll never know unless the OP - who appears to have wandered off - actually goes into a Pharmacy and asks.

I have the Nurses PDR Drug Handbook and the Physicians Desk Reference but am still not positive.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by topladyj View Post
    Please everyone back to the person in need here everyone is trying to prove points I am still wondering what kind of pill it was, did they even figure it out?
    Go to Kinney Drugs | Drug IDentifier

Click "search by marking"

Enter "DO"

It will bring up a list of every pill marking with letters DO in the marking, scroll down the list to select just "DO"

Only 2 options come up, a pill with DO on one side and NVR on the other, you didn't mention anything about a marking on the other side.

The other option is "DO" on side one, nothing on the other and that's a birth control pill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I found a pill and it says M357 what kind of pill is it? [ 3 Answers ]

I found a pill and it says M357 what kind of pill is it?

Found pill [ 2 Answers ]

I have found a pill that is an Oval yellow pill with the letters OC DD on it.Can someone tell me what this is? THanks. B

I found a pill [ 4 Answers ]

It is while and oval shaped. On one side it has the numbers 1174 and the other isde has a 9 and a 3. What kind of pill is this?

I found a pill and I would like to know what is is [ 1 Answers ]

I found this white oblong pill with the letter L484 and I ould like to know what it is

View more questions Search