Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blah_Helpme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Probation and Parole Guidelines
    My girlfriend is bieng sentenced to Felony Probation on 4 Dui Charges. She wants to know if they have a curfew and what are some of the guidelines? Does anyone know?
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 11:57 AM

Each state has their own rules, normally no curfew unless she is a minor child but they can not be in any place that serves drinks normally, the PO should and will explain it but if in doubt ask.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jan 9, 2009, 02:40 AM

I was a probation officer for seven years in Maryland and can guarantee you that anyone placed on probation will have all the conditions and restrictions spelled out on a written document that the probationer will have to agree to and sign. In this state you have to sign it in front of the judge in court and acknowledge that you understand it.

I never had anyone on parole or probation that had a curfew, maybe they do in other states. The judge is free to impose just about any conditions he wants because the person has to consent to the probation. If they don't consent to the probation, they get the original sentence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens when you violate probation/parole in the State of New Jersey? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé was arrested for selling drugs,and served all his time in a county jail.After he was released he was put on probation. Instead of staying in New Jersey to start his probation he left to Pennsylvania and has been there for almost two years. While he was going to work one morning he was...

Connecticut violation of probation what are the guidelines and penalties [ 1 Answers ]

I got arrested and I am on probation for petty crimes one which was truly not me the other case I lied to a police officer anyway do I get a bond on the violation or not and these 2 new cases will problably get thrown out what will happen now ? My probation officer said she was going to violate me...

Finding someone on parole or probation [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find someone who is on parole or probation and why they are on it

Sex Offender guidelines and rules [ 17 Answers ]

18 years ago my father plead guilty to the rape of a fifteen year old girl. This sex was consensual, however, a big mistake on my fathers part. The judge ordered him to six months in jail. A light sentence due to the fact, it was not rape. Just last year he was told he had to register as a sex...

View more questions Search