Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Olivern201 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2006, 09:29 AM
    Hamilton Bay Model AC 552 ceiling fan speed switch replacement
    My pull chain broke on my fan speed switch. I replaced the switch with a 3-4 wire switch. I matches the black, brown. Grey and purlpe wire with the same connect number on the new switch that they had on the old switch. I believe this is a three speed fan. The fan now runs but it can not be turned off. What must I do?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Not all three speed switches are the same, even though they may look the same. Contact Hampton Bay for the specific replacement, or if there are other replacements available locally, keep trying different ones until you get one that works.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php
    DD Williams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Hello..
    I have a Hunter Ceiling fan with 5 wires feeding into a 3 speed chain pull speed control.

There are two black wires feeding into the L position. The #1 position is Gray, the #2 position is brown and the #3 position is green.

The fan runs at high speed on the first 3 chain pull positions and turns off on the 4th pull.

The fan was moved from one room to another by our building maintenance dept. a couple of months ago.

Prior to that, the fan worked properly..

DD
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Did you change, replace, or rewire the pullchain?
    gmanor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 03:11 PM

My ceiling fan won't turn; the light works but the fan does not res beouldpnd to the remote, what could be wrong with the fan?
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:04 AM

Does it have pullchains?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    casaluna78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 10:42 AM
    My fan is working on high speed no matter what I press low, med, or high from the remote. I can turn on and off the light but can't regulate speed. I sent for a new remote and that works the same way. I have moved the switches but nothing works until I return the switches back to its original numbers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed switch [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's ceilng fan stopped working due to a faulty speed switch. When I opened up the canopy and unplugged the 9 prong coupler I then proceeded to take out the switch. Dumb move on my part. Should have marked wire colors down first. New (and old) switches both have L, 1, 2, & 3 imprinted...

Wall Speed control on old ceiling fan install new with pull switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old celing fan purchased in the 80's with a wall mount speed control knob. I purchased a Hampton Bay, Huntinton III 522-306 3 speed control with a pull chain. When installing the unit the fan does not work. I have a white wire, a black wire, a blue wire for the light and a ground...

Ceiling Fan Pull String 3-speed Switch [ 1 Answers ]

What if someone by mistake wrongly connect the load on the switch (L) to one of the other wires (yellow, red, green)? Can this (cross wiring or mixing) cause (cross-wire) damage to the motor? Please help. I need this help urgently.

View more questions Search