Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelsolette21 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 10:41 AM

Also I just recently got in contact with my biological father for the first time in 10 years my plan as of right now is to go live with him in Arkansas he has no clue what is currently going on because eva told him before all of this to back off and well he is clueless to the situation and I spoke to him this morning and ill have to call him back in 4 hours because he is at work. After I talk to him I will probably talk to eva about the emancipation and things can get worked out that way because she realizes that I refuse to live with them but she just wants me to be safe
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 10:47 AM

You can only go live with him if your parents allow it,

Jan 7, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You can only go live with him if your parents allow it,
    I know. They just want me to be somewhere safe. I have been calling around for the past hour to talk to authorities about my situation and I just got off the phone with the juvenile bureau and I will have to give them a call back and expain to them what my plans are and that I couldn't make it to court and why and I was told by my youth pastor neighbor that I need to make that call and I asked if I even could make that call and she said not only can I but I need to also.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 10:56 AM

Your bio father needs to be fully informed about what is going on.

Why don't you call the juvenile authorities in your city and explain to them everything you have shared with us. You need a responsible adult's help right now.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Is there a runaway shelter you can go to in Tulsa? They would have the people or access to the people that could help you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 10:58 AM

Also there will need to be legal paperwork giving him some legal custody, guardianship or something, if not parents can merely change their minds anytime

Jan 7, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    Your bio father needs to be fully informed about what is going on.

Why don't you call the juvenile authorities in your city and explain to them everything you have shared with us. You need a responsible adult's help right now.
    Just got off the phone with many and now I'm about to call the bureau back

Jan 7, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Also there will need to be legal paperwork giving him some legal custody, guardianship or something, if not parents can merely change thier minds anytime
    Right thank you for informing me of that :)

Jan 7, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    Is there a runaway shelter you can go to in Tulsa? They would have the people or access to the people that could help you.
    Tried that already they wouldn't take me because they were running low and I have a safe place to go already
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jan 7, 2009, 11:55 AM

I just want to say kelsolette21 that I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am so naïve to the world although we all probably know that people live like this and hear about it from time to time you are the soldier braving the storm. I want to extend my prayers and my best wishes to you as you continue your struggle and growth process. I also want to ask you to ask for help and take it from organization or from a group that is qualified to assist children in these situations. I want to remind you that life is long God willing and now is your time to worry solely about growing up and learning about life. You have choices and sometimes those choices get cloudy because of desperation and necessity, however life choices have consequences and you can minimize the damage by getting help now. God Bless you sweetie. Please be safe!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 01:13 PM

The legal answer - and this is a legal board - is that you are going to have to go wherever the Court sends you and under whatever circumstances the Court sends you there. When you get wherever "there" is you can continue to look for a better place, a safer place. Do you have an adult you can talk to - a relative, a teacher, a counselor?

It is important that you not let where you've been define where you're going so that you will be an adult with emotional baggage, certainly, but without emotional baggage that holds you back.

At 14 you can take responsibility for your own safety, protect your own personal limits, make your own phone calls for help.

And you just may have to do that.

Everyone will be thinking about you so if you could come back and let us know you're all right it would be appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Violated Probation, but a warrant hasn't been issued. [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently arrested for DUI, however I am on probation. I realize the new charge is a cause for violating my probabtion even if I feel the charge will be dismissed. I don't have a VOP warrant as of 7/11/2008. I have my very FIRST meeting with my P.O. on Monday. So my questions are after I tell...

Bonds issued [ 1 Answers ]

Bee company issues $10,000,000 of 10-year, 9% bonds on March 1, 2007 at 97 plus accrued interest. The bonds are dated January 1, 2007, and pay interest on June 30 and December 31. What is the total cash received on the issue date?

Confusion over nyc issued 1099 Misc form, NJ issued W2, and state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a canadian citizen and a non resident alien, graduate student in NJ. I reside in NJ and worked as an independent contractor in NYC over last summer. Since I worked on campus for a few months lst year, I was issued a W2 form for $732 in the state of NJ. I also worked as an...

View more questions Search