Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimlingenfelter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 06:55 AM
    Hot Tub Losing Water Fast
    My hot tub is losing water. It is not evaporation. I put about 35 gallons in last night and this morning the level had dropped 2-3 inches. Besides a crack in the shell (which is possible but is not visibly seen) what other ways could it be losing that much water? If it is a crack, what do you do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 10:01 PM

Can you see around the base of the hot tub, is the ground or slab wet. You can easily lose this much water every night if your pump seals are bad or any hose clamp is lose near the pump. You have an inspection door, remove it and run the tub on full speed.
    9448kay Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2009, 10:40 AM
    I found my leak at the filter cap. The cap had a crack in it and while recirculate cycle came on, the press would cause it to leak. I hope you already have it fixed, but if not, maybe this will help.
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jan 31, 2009, 02:13 PM

Why would you pay $750 to replace a cracked filter cap?
    Rickw574 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
    I just fixed my Spa today. I had been losing about an inch of water every couple weeks for a few years. But I would just fill it up. At first (when it was maybe 1/2 inch) I thought it was just normal evaporation but I did notice that the concrete was a little wet. What I didn't realize is that the frame underneath gets wet and the wood can start to rot so don't leave this go too long. I went out there the other day to check the level and the Spa was almost empty. The fitting that went into the heater motor corroded away and the water just poured out. The point being your SPA can almost completely empty itself from a corroded connection or leaky hose. Take the sides off your SPA, in my case as soon as I added water I could see the leak. If you are not losing a lot of water then run it and check for leaks you will likely find a bad motor or fan seal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight fast [ 4 Answers ]

How do I lose 30 pounds in 30 days?

Losing weight FAST? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 13 year old girl, and I need to lose at least 10-15 lbs. in about a week. How do I do it? :( Please help me.

Losing it too fast? [ 3 Answers ]

I weighed myself about 4 days ago and I weighed 220lbs. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 182lbs. Did I take the dieting too far? I have been getting headaches every few days but my friend said it might just be because my body is adjusting to eating healthier, is that possible? I have been...

Losing weight natrually fast [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm reall just 17 I'm 5,3 and I'm 177 pounds I'm going to this party in 1-2 months by then I want to be at least 30 to 40 pounds thinner please do help xoxo--->jennifer :)

Losing weight fast [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a diet that is quick and really easy to do? I lost over 1 stone on a soup diet last year but now its summer I don't wnt to eat soup all the time!

View more questions Search