Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2006, 07:58 PM
    Supernatural Lessons from Natural Disasters and Wars
    There are important supernatural lessons from natural disasters and wars that are often overlooked. From God's perspective, the message of calamities, such as tsunamies, hurricanes, and wars, is God giving "unsaved" survivors time and opportunity to repent. Calamities show:

. Life is short and unpredictable, but death is certain (then judgment).

. God's grace to "unsaved" survivors--they have been granted additional time and opportunity to repent and get right with God.

. Man's lostness and utter dispair--he has no where to turn to and he cannot save himself. Not even his own government can save him.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jul 22, 2006, 08:48 PM
    Yes, it's true. Tomorrow is promised to no one. It can be a national event or a calamity can be personal. One day you're here, next your... like what happened with my brother 7yrs. Ago. He was murdered.:mad: He was 49 but looked 40. Forget about it. If there's anything to find comfort in is knowing as a born-again Christian, he's in Heaven. :rolleyes:
    How after 911 I heard the sermon mentioning Isaiah 55:6 ~ Seek the Lord while He may be found. Because when we die it's too late for choosing salvation(or I wouldn't take a chance that there is any 2nd chance then) :eek:

God is supernatural and gives us supernatural grace and mercies. His love endures forever! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2006, 11:57 AM
    I think man has no control over the elements and whether we were here or not the weather would be the weather.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2006, 12:12 PM
    . Life is short and unpredictable, but death is certain (then judgment).

Agreed except for the judgement part, no one is sure there is such a thing.

. God's grace to survivors--they have been granted additional time and opportunity to repent and get right with God.

Nah, they just survived. In your wording above they would be saved. By this statement you imply that all who surviced were NOT right with their god which is most likely not the case. It's just a natural disaster that strikes people of all religions in the same swath. Wind and water don't care what religion you are or if you are "right" with them.

. Man's lostness and utter dispair--he has no where to turn to and he cannot save himself. Not even his own government can save him.

More likely the conclusion is that man cannot control nature.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Absolutely true. Religion or beliefs has nothing to do with it.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Last I looked (and I have done a lot of looking LOL) nature is a force without malice very intricately woven into the big cosmic fabric here on little planet earth. Its not hard for me to conclude that since it is very clearly designed that way, it is intended as such by the Creator of it too.
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jul 28, 2006, 06:34 PM
    You are right. Life is life and when it is your time to go, you go
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Many will endeavour to control the multitudes whether it be by religious following... and of those there are many... or promises of vast personal fortune, it's all about power and control.
    They may succeed short term but will not go the distance, the good guy upstairs I believe does not interviene, life is a learning curve which we rise or fall by.
    Everything on this earth can be controlled by one means or another but the elements have a will of their own and can be controlled by no man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Star Wars Electronic Battle Game [ 9 Answers ]

I am looking for directions on how to play the Star Wars Electronic Galactic Battle Game. It came out in 1997 from Tiger Electronics. It is a lot like battleship, but in space. We can't figure out how to set it up. Please help if you can!!

Natural Gas [ 2 Answers ]

How do I install natural gas line (pipe) ?

Jungles and wars in south america [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any countries in South America that have a jungle and are currently involved in a war? If so, what are they, and is it a civil war or a war with another country?

Star Wars [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know if George Lucas is secretly making another Star Wars movie? After I saw Episode III I went home and watched Episode IV, V, and VI. I read some article that said he may be writing a new one, but was just wandering if anyone else knew for sure.

View more questions Search