Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjhmax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Inground swimming pool liner coping
    I just had my inground swimming pool liner replaced in June 2008. Today I just saw a side in the shallow end that my liner is coming off the wall. I contacted the pool service that replaced my liner and they said that was due to coping. They also told me that this is not covered under warranty. Why would that be if they installed it and what caused this to happen?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    The Pool Guy Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2009, 12:04 PM

If you could post a pic , it would be helpful. If the liner is barely out of the coping, you can use a hair dryer to warm the liner and stretch it up to lock the bead back in. If it is hanging down a good ways, you might have to lower the water level, pull the liner back up and refill. Either way, at your local pool store, get some bead lock that wedges into the coping to lock the liner in place. Hope this helps...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 12:54 PM

They probably did not want to mention that faulty installation is most likely the reason the liner slipped from the coping. They also trimmed off too much liner after they filled the pool, I usually leave at least 6" excess hanging past the coping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coping Around Inground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... we had an inground pool installed last summer with the intention of Having brick coping installed this year. We've changed out mind and have Decided we would rather go with a white coping and concrete around the Pool. My question: can an aluminum coping be installed now even though it ...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Inground pool coping [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had my vinyl liner replaced on my inground swimming pool. I have bull nose coping, (this was not changed), and I am noticing that it is separating from the concrete deck in quite a few places (about 3/4 inch). I also notice that where the pieces of coping connect to each other there are...

Inground pool liner and coping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is JAMIE I live in LEWISTON MAINE and new to havivg a pool The coping is pulling away from the pool wall and in one place the coping has snaped the screwheads off that holds the coping to the poolcan anyone help me on this??

View more questions Search