Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 08:54 PM
    Well... maybe a little. You got to start somewhere.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 08:56 PM

Show us how its done.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 12:33 AM
    The shunt as it is being called is used in many cases to allow 120 volts through at all times to keep the windings in the compressor warm. I is a cheap way to have a built in crankcase heater. Class for today is over.
    rajendra5454 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 01:58 PM

Its user free
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 02:45 PM

I always stock 2 pole contactors and wire them, for friends and family, as a single pole. If they ever go bad, I just use the other pole the next time they call me back. Bosses don't like this practice because you can't sell a new contactor when you have to go back.

The price difference is like $1.80 single vs double.

There really is a good reason why manufacturers started using a single pole but I'm drawing a blank as to why. If I remember I'll post it later.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 03:52 PM

Oh, I did remember. Manufactures actually found a single pole was more reliable than a double and cheaper too. Only 2 points to foul out. Only 2 points for an earwig to crawl under and a bit cheaper t0o manufacture. A two pole contactor actually has 4 point of contact, two on each pole.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brain Shunt Removal [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My best friend was born 18 yrs ago and when she was 2 weeks old she had to have a shunt put in her head to help drain fluid to her stomach. Now that she's almost 19 the shunt seems to be causing a lot of pressure on her head and just giving her such bad headaches... and even blurred vision...

Portal caval shunt operation [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first time on here and I was wondering if anyone knows what food I can give my one year old Yorkshire Terrier, he has just had surgery and has had a Portal Caval Shunt operation and at the moment is on special Hepatic dog food. In one month I can introduce some normal dog food and...

View more questions Search