Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Jan 6, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Injured Spousal Form for taxes
    My husband owes some back child support from his ex-wife. If we file together and fill out an injured spousal how will this affect out taxes. I have a son and we share a son, I brought in more money then he did last year. I live in Florida. Thanks for the help.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 06:04 PM
    The injured spouse form allows you to segregate your taxes from his.

His refund goes to the child support; your refund goes to you.

Jan 6, 2009, 06:19 PM

But what about claiming children? How does that work?
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 10:33 AM
    You can claim the children under your side of the tax return.

You REALLY should get professional tax help to make sure this is done correctly.

Jan 7, 2009, 10:45 AM

I talked to H&R Block but the lady said she didn't have much experience in injured spousal claims. And she had 16 years tax experience, go figure. Thanks for your help.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Glad to help!

If you want to use MY services, contact me at [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Injured spouse form 8379 [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New York State. My wife has a past tax debt from a failed business. These taxes are owed to the IRS and New York state. Currently my wife has no income. Each year I file fed form 8379 injured spouse, and state form IT-280 non-obligated spouse. Every year that I have filed this way I...

SSA Form used for filing Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

As with the couple who were also encouraged to file taxes even when none were owed due to receiving Social Security Disability in order to receive the stimulus package. I am simply confused as to which form I need to get to attach to my 1040A. I need this information soon as April 15th is...

Taxes Form [ 1 Answers ]

Were do I send my 1099 form for the taxes I live in Miami FL >Moved from Forum Help<

Revising W-2 form and taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have few questions about revising my W2-form and taxes. 1. I am on H1-B. I got w2-form from my employer for the year 2006. Later in 2007 March Employer complained that the client did not pay last 2 weeks for the services I provided to a client for the past one year. I tried to...

Injured spouse form [ 1 Answers ]

I filed an injured spouse form in early February. An at first I had a mail out date of feb,20. Now they say I have a delay I want to know how much longer do I have to wait I'm trying to move an I just want my money so I can stop putting my life on hold!! :

View more questions Search