Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjpitcairn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan 3-speed failure
    One of our 3 speed fans suddenly only has one speed-slow. Any suggestions or comments to help us. It's HOT
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Is it a remote fan?

Sounds like a bad capacitor. The capacitor is the black box inside the switch housing. Sometimes if it's gone bad it will look burnt or melted. You can replace it by wiring one of the same value(s) in it's place, but it will cost ~$10 plus shipping, unless you can get one free from Hampton Bay. And if you're going to go warranty, you're better off bringing the entire fan back to Home Depot for a replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed switch [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's ceilng fan stopped working due to a faulty speed switch. When I opened up the canopy and unplugged the 9 prong coupler I then proceeded to take out the switch. Dumb move on my part. Should have marked wire colors down first. New (and old) switches both have L, 1, 2, & 3 imprinted...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed problem [ 3 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Delano model) was professionally installed and worked as advertised. Last time I turned it on, however, I found it only worked on high speed. The remote will turn it on/off and reverse it. I hear something from the fan (a click) when I push the "slow" button, but it...

Hampton Bay fan changes speed [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan about two months ago. We typically leave it on the "low" fan setting. Today, it suddenly started changing fan speed to medium or high 30 seconds after we set it on the low setting. Any idea what could make a fan speed up that way?

Hampton fan speed [ 9 Answers ]

New hampton fan, looks great , light works, but has one speed SLOW... I can feel power to the motor at the speed positions,but fan only appears to run at low... any ideas..? Thanks

Hampton Bay Fan No High Speed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a remote only Hampton Bay fan, everything works except the high speed, it worked last year.:confused:

View more questions Search