Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 22, 2006, 09:31 AM
    I heard invest in the international market especially paper is it true?
    I heard that VCP Brazilian paper is a worthy investment... something to do with recycling... need a comment on international paper investments especially investments in South American companys...
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jul 22, 2006, 12:59 PM
    If by "worthy investment" you mean the possibility to make a high return on your invest that would be true. However, it would also carry a very high degree of risk. There are economical and political issues in Brazil (and other South American countries) that could seriously disrupt your gain. Unless you are willing to spend time following the economy and politics of another country I would suggest you not invest in international companies. Even if they are traded on the NYSE.

Walt
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2006, 01:23 PM
    There is a possible high rate of return, along with a high possibility of losing most ifnot all of you money. The higher the possible rate of return, the higher the danger of losing it all.
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 22, 2006, 02:51 PM
    You may make loads of money off this kind if investment but also remember that you could end up losing everything on this kind of investment.

You need to really have a set amount of cash that you feel Very Comfortable with taking a risk with. Before you enter into this, ensure that you have had a good look at the way the market is moving.

Good look with this, hope you do make a good return if you put some cash into this!

Here is some good info regards Votorantim Celulose e Papel S.A. hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

Should I invest in 401K? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am on a H1B visa and am planning to return back to my country in a couple of years. I have been investing in 401K since my employment. I would like to know if this investment will be valid or do I just forefeit the money when I leave the country. If it will be of no use, is there...

To invest [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for advice on how to invest in the stock market. I would be investing more like a day trader, buy stocks for a short term and sell them after they make a profit. Any recommendations on what on-line service is better, cost efficient, able to buy/sell stocks rapidly.. Thanks

Invest or pay off mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Situation Owe 118,000 on mortgage at 5% interest rate on 10 year term. Want to buy a new house that is worth 280,000. Current house will sell for 200,000. Should I pay current mortgage off in the next 3 to 4 years and cut back on investments. Or should I sell now keep investing put new house...

Invest or pay off mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I am recently widowed and need a little financial advice. After selling my home, I have enough money to pay off my home which I am building. My investment broker told me to invest and use the interest to pay off the monthly house payments and in 15 years I would have the exact amount of money in...

View more questions Search