Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    felijay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 03:58 AM
    Experience degrees
    Which are the best accredited colleges that offer "life experience" degrees but are not "degree mills" themselves?:confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2009, 04:33 AM
    No such thing as "experience" degrees aren't accredited at all.

These "degrees" are the preserve of the Degree Mills.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 05:38 AM

There are no such things

You may at some accredited schools, test for some credit, I know MO Univ used to allow 10 hours or so but that is minor to the hours needed.

So if you want a real degree you will have to do real work.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 07:43 AM

I was able to get some elective credits for life experiences *that I could document*. Things such as military training, non-collegiate courses, certificates from other testing etc. I think I got about 15 credits total. And that's from over 10 years active military service.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 08:06 AM

If you have military credit, with a SMART or ACES transcript, then you can get college credit for that. Most regionally accredited schools will accept military transcripts for credit. You may not get MUCH credit, but there are usually one or two courses at least that transfer in.

As far as certificates from testing and non-collegiate courses, though, you will probably not be able to get credit for those at an accredited school. Most schools do, however, give you the option of paying to test out of a course. Yes, you have to pay for it, but the cost is usually less than half the cost of taking the course.

Since every school has their own policies about credits NOT taken at their school, there is no way to answer this question for every school out there. Your best bet is to contact an accredited school that you are interested in and finding out their transfer credit policies, and whether they allow military credits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life experience degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any life experience degree that is real

Work experience technical degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... this is kalyan, I want to earn a work experience technical degree with my experience.

Life experience degrees [ 2 Answers ]

I have an earned masters degree and have completed all of my coursework for a doctorate. Are there ANY ACCREDITED collegs or universities that will VERIFY my transcripts and resume information and award a doctorate?

Degrees for experience [ 4 Answers ]

Are there any Accredited colleges or Universities that give degrees for life experiences? If so what the names of the legitimate ones?

2 MBA degrees ? [ 1 Answers ]

I graduated with a degree in engineering in June '06 and am currently working for a biotech company as a quality engineer. In about 3-4 years I would like to get into a top-15 MBA program. I recently applied and was accepted into an MBA program that is to be administered on site at the plant...

View more questions Search