Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mphakevi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 12:58 AM
    Car smoke and consume too much petrol
    Hi there,

My girlfriend car smoke and consume too much fue, on short distances. She drive Fiat Pallio Go 1.2

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 07:51 AM

If the car smokes, when it's started and upon acceleration, the valve seals are bad. If the engine smokes all the time, the rings are bad. If the smoke is white, the aluminum head is possibly warped, due to overheating, and coolant is being burned.

The link below may help improve gas mileage:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post293582

Gas mileage is always poor on short trips, since the engine barely has time to warm up. During that period, the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor is delivering an overly rich fuel/air mixture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much power will my new A/C unit really consume? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, We just got a new a/c unit (outside condenser) with the following specs. Cooling Capacity : 30000btu 208/60 Min. circuit amp: 16.2 Compressor: Rated Load Amps: 11.8 Locked Running Amps: 73

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

If you break open a pill and only consume the powder, is it still effective? [ 7 Answers ]

Today I got this new bottle of Dr, James glutathione pills and its in the new anti counterfiet bottle. The seller sold it to me for 40$ but everywhere else people are selling it for like 100$ or 200$. I even came across someone who was selling for 1500$! So do you think the seller is selling a...

How long till you can consume alcohol. [ 2 Answers ]

How long till u can consume alcohol after taking hydrocodone, etodolac, and diazepam?

Do fluorescent light consume extra power when turned on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having an ongoing debate with several people for quite a few years now over whether the "fluorescent startup myth" is true or not. The legend is that although fluo's consume less power than incandescents while running, fluo's consume a lot of power when you first start them up -...

View more questions Search