Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gabriel Daemon Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Same sex marriage
    What are the terms of same sex marriage with regards to citizenship in the states, and how long does it take for all the necessary paper work to be approved?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 03:49 PM

Same sex marriage is only legal in a certain few states.

Jan 5, 2009, 04:05 PM

Yip yip I heard of that, but if we get married in in 1 of those states, would I be able to apply for citizenship and how long would it take to be approved

Thanks for the help by the way
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 04:53 PM

You can apply for citizenship anytime, without getting married, too. You just have to meet all the criteria for GETTING citizenship. The criteria are simpler if you are married, of course, but that's beside the point.

You can apply for citizenship at any time. It takes as long as it takes for you to qualify, that's all. Your immigration officials can provide specifics.

Jan 5, 2009, 05:26 PM

Thank you very much, well the only reason I asked for the marriage laws, is cause I'm engaged and so far seems to be the easiest and least amount of paper work involved lol, but thanks I'm still looking into all the other options there are
    miranda brown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2013, 12:48 AM
    Why isn't same-sex marriage totally accepted in australia`s society today ?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 7, 2013, 02:07 AM
    Your question demonstrates how a question itself can imply it's position is the correct one for no reason.

You resist the idea that just because you believe something is right you don't have to offer something to substantiate that belief. Questions like yours need something to go with it other than self-importance. Those who oppose your view probably can defend their position. Can you?

The diversity of beliefs and values and morals across the world is both our biggest asset and our greatest grief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love marriage or arrange marriage? [ 6 Answers ]

I have boyfriend but my parents want that I will do marriage with a boy of their choice.I really love my Boyfriend and he also love me. What should I do?

US/UK marriage in EU [ 2 Answers ]

My British fiancé and I have been living in the Czech Republic for the last three years and want to get married in the UK. I am an American citizen, and we will remain living and working in the Czech republic. My question is this: I would like to apply for dual citizenship, but do not intend to...

When to say When in Marriage [ 5 Answers ]

Without being one of those "after school" specials on TV. When do you know it is right to walk away from a bad relationship and when to try to stick it out? I am 31 and I have already gone through one painful divorce when I was 22. I thought when I married my second husband that this was it. I...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, How does the Catholic church view marriage between a Catholic and Baptist? Thank you for your response to my question yesterday.

View more questions Search