Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 19, 2009, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekelsey View Post
    I don't mean to criticize your beliefs and I don't mean to in any way. But you really have to consider when Jesus came down...he didn't physically sit down and write a book...in fact in every language so that there would be NO mistakes....The bible was written by man...and interpreted many different times...into many different languages therefore altering the meaning of the passages...I'm not saying it doesn't have truth in it...but it's not 100% true. You can live your live by the bible but remember it's not set in stone that everything in there is correct. It causes much fear in your life...if you sin...you go to hell, which in turn brings fear to your life...this is not healthy....

If you can step away from religions all together and take from each of them what is the same in all...then you can learn to live your live happy, well, spiritual, but without fear. You can only be truly happy when you rid fear of your life....hope this helps.
    I'm in total agreement with you.:)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:05 AM
    If you can step away from religions all together and take from each of them what is the same in all...then you can learn to live your live happy, well, spiritual, but without fear. You can only be truly happy when you rid fear of your life....hope this helps.
    Very well said.
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    My name was written in there when I was a little girl all because I heard the good news and believed it with everything in me. I wasn't good enough and I didn't deserve it....it was GOOD NEWS to my little 4 year old ears.
    I have a 4 year old and I was wondering how this happens. How did you "hear" the "good news" and how does a 4 year old process that information?
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Very well said.
    NK and Peace:

Perfect love casts out fear( it is in the bible can't remember if it is in 1 or 2 John.. . guess you all have been made perfect in love. I don't mean to be rude but come on... there isn't anyone on this planet that doesn't get hit by fear at some point... cough cough... :rolleyes:

OK I admit it... I'm in the mood to be NITPICKY! :p
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:24 AM
    I have a 4 year old and I was wondering how this happens. How did you "hear" the "good news" and how does a 4 year old process that information?
    Well, the Lord himself said unless one comes as a little child they shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven. I suppose I just believed it... it is called FAITH... and it musta took because as you can see... I ain't changed my mind.:D
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:27 AM
    ...there isn't anyone on this planet that doesn't get hit by fear at some point..
    Sure, it's normal. We don't know what's around every corner. Not sure what your point is.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:40 AM

Nk,

Beats me, I was picking an argument with you because you agreed with peace and he was talking like he didn't have fear... but I see you have a little fear on you today because you backed down with me. I know... I intimidate you. Lol I am kind of scary
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Nk,

beats me, i was pickin an arguement with ya because you agreed with peace and he was talking like he didn't have fear...but i see you have a little fear on ya today because you backed down with me. I know...i intimidate you. lol I am kinda scary
    Yes you are kind of scary.
    Peacekelsey Posts: 33, Reputation: 6
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 09:06 AM
    tee hee...i felt the love in this comment when i read it...lol ahhhh now don't go getting all mad at me...but when i read Fr_ churcks comments it kind of rubbed me the wrong way too and LOVE wasn't what i was feeling at the time but i guess you are more enlighten than me. lol :p ( i am teasing you!!!)
    ;) It's all good hun. I'm not here to criticize just trying to get other people to see that there is truth in all religions. God loves us all no matter what!
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Very well said.
    :D Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Yes you are kinda scary.
    But extremely cute and enlightened! :D
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 09:15 AM
    NK and Peace:

Perfect love casts out fear( it is in the bible can't remember if it is in 1 or 2 John. ....guess you all have been made perfect in love. I don't mean to be rude but come on......there isn't anyone on this planet that doesn't get hit by fear at some point....cough cough...:rolleyes:

ok i admit it...i'm in the mood to be NITPICKY! :p

That's all about to change hun. More and more people are opening to their eyes of love. I'm believe in the spiritualist theories. I believe that god loves everyone. That we're all here for a reason, and 2012 is coming up. Many religions think it's the end of the world.. but in fact, it's just going to be change. The end of the world as we know it. Love has been lost for hundreds and thousands of years. My job, is to bring this insight to others. Much love to you!
    :D
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by malenymph13 View Post
    N0help4u, You can draw close to God on your own spiritual path but following one that others set for your could possibly draw you away from God(if that is what you prefer to call it).

The bible, is very few things actually handed down by this higher power and mostly idea and plans brought about by the people who wrote it. I definitely do not look to the bible for anything.

Is it possible that the higher power has revealed itself in different forms to the different cultures of the world to see if they would stay faithful. Religion is just a useless trail marked out on the map but do you really believe that you need to have a religion in order to become spiritually enlightened?
    Exactly!!
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by savedsinner7 View Post
    That's not what God says. Those who don't obey Him will be sent to Hell. Period. Even those who say they believe in Him, if they don't obey will be sent to Hell. He will not allow sin (unconfessed and blood covered) into His presence. There WILL be a day when all who live and have ever lived will stand before Him in judgment. I hope my name is in His book of life. I hope I can remain obedient until that day.

John 14:6
    Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Luke 13
    Repent or Perish
    1 There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

The Narrow Way

22 And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”
    And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ 26 then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27 But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’ 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. 29 They will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.”

You mean... that's not what god says in your bible... right?
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Nk,

beats me, i was pickin an arguement with ya because you agreed with peace and he was talking like he didn't have fear...but i see you have a little fear on ya today because you backed down with me. I know...i intimidate you. lol I am kinda scary
    We all have fear hun. But that's because it's been there our whole lives... if you're not good santa won't come... or the easter bunny... or if you don't come to work and do a good job... you're going to get fired or replaced... we all have fear. But it's good to realize that it's there and then attempt to cut it out of our lives. Of course, we no longer believe in santa or the easter bunny but you get my point.

I'm not above anyone here in anyway. I'm just trying to open peoples eyes that there are other possibilities out there. That's all. So please don't take my posts as an attack on anyone.

Also, FYI... Im a 26 female... just wanted to clear that up. =)
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 09:35 AM

Sorry there peace... I won't call you a he again. Lol ;)
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Sorry there peace....i won't call you a he again. lol ;)
    Thank you kindly :p

Feb 19, 2009, 10:08 AM
    but extremely cute and enlightened! :D
    Maybe cute, but not enlightened. Very narrow minded thinker.

Feb 19, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Exactly!!!
    BINGO... We have a winner!
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    BINGO...We have a winner!
    And Bingo was his name-O. ;)

Here is a beautiful quote I just found that explains it nicely.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ~ Margaret Mead

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know what this means? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so me and my boyfriend have been trying conceive for awhile know. Last month we had unprotected sex on all the days I ovulated well this month I started my period on the 18th that was the last day for that then we had unprotected sex on the 19th of this month then on the 20th and 21st I was...

Don't know what it means [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who sometimes say things in his native tongue.. one night during a full moon he looked at me and said (ambyr ecchi bor sinch) I think that's how you write it.. anyway I want to know that means does anybody know?

How would anyone change their identity by their own means or by professional means? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi fellow users I am conducting research on this matter to aid myself look for a loved one who has not been seen for six years. I suspect that my friend has changed their identity and I need to understand how this can be done.

What do think religion means in today's society? [ 8 Answers ]

As a christian I have noticed that as time passes by, the meaning and values of religions is diminishing. The respect towards it mean nothing and the boudaries that protect the rights of religion do not mean anything. Shows are constantly making fun of god. Society disrespects god, and the thing...

View more questions Search