Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennynew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Hippa violation
    HIPPA VIOLATION?

I had blood work done and the Doctors offce called with my results, which they never do but my sister was here from out of town and the Nurse gave her my results. My sister did tell her that she was my sister and that I was at work My sister did ask a question and the nurse answered the question and read stuff right out of my medical file Hippa violation WHAT DO I DO??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dennynew View Post
    HIPPA VIOLATION ??

I had blood work done and the Doctors offce called with my results, which they never do but my sister was here from out of town and the Nurse gave her my results. My sister did tell her that she was my sister and that I was at work My sister did ask a question and the nurse answered the question and read stuff right out of my medical file Hippa violation WHAT DO I DO?????

Report the violation to the Doctor's office. I'd be very clear about not wanting ANYONE to have my medical information unless I specifically signed an authorization.

If you want to cause a problem for the Doctor, you can report the violation on the HIPAA website - but be prepared to find a new Doctor!

There is little else you can personally do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation [ 3 Answers ]

I work at a medical billing office, only 2 people in our office ever have reason to look at charts. I recently looked at my own chart as I see a doctor in a group that we bill for to see if any of my co-workers might be looking at my chart and to my surprise my direct supervisor and 2 co-workers...

Violation of Hippa Law [ 3 Answers ]

I use to go to a Dr. and I left because I wanted a second opion and he was mad. I have also found out that he is talking to one of my coworkers about me. I know that is wrong and I want to know what I should do. He as violated the Hippa law. Thanks for any response.

Is this a HIPPA violation? [ 5 Answers ]

I was recently hospitalized and disclosed the naturre of the visit to a co-worker in confidence. She then related the info to my boss. The day before I was to report back to work, I received a phone call from the head of HR who told me I had to report myself to the state medical board or else he...

HIPPA Violation [ 4 Answers ]

I recently sent a letter requesting verification of a dental bill that belongs to my ex-husband. This dentist's office is in a very small town which seems insignificant but sort of explains this next part. Upon receiving the letter, the office manager takes my request as a personal attack and...

View more questions Search