Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwm7274 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Baby bottle decay or not
    Help! I have a 21month old baby girl. We have just this week noticed a small brownish yellow stain on her tooth. She has been on a lot of steroids, and I don't know if it is from her medicines or if it is decay from milk or juice. Her enamel on her teeth does not look thick, it actually looks rather thin. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
    From my understanding steroids can cause staining of the teeth. However, it is never a good practice to lay your child down with a bottle. If you must do this it is best to fill the bottle with water.

Understand also that if you are using juice, try and stay away from apple juice in a bottle. Apple juice is the most acidic and can cause tooth decay.

Steroids can also be dangerous, they should only be used on a limited basis for a short amount of time.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jul 21, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Medication, juice, fruit, candy, milk, anything that stays in the mouth or on your teeth for any amount of time can decay the teeth. My kids never had a bottle, never went to bed eating and didn't have junk food when they were little but still managed to get cavities in their front teeth.

Flossing does help versus just brushing. I got frustrated because we brush, brush, brush and it still happens, but flossing does help. By the way... some people's teeth are more susceptible to cavities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Info for Bottle Collectors [ 1 Answers ]

Just found a milk bottle dated 1911. I've got many dozens of old bottles, 95% of which have been found at 1. Former bottle dumps. Look just past old fence lines of properties. Back in the old days when all trash was burned, folks would dump their bottles over the fence "out back". If...

Flushed deodorant bottle by accident [ 3 Answers ]

Accidentally, the deodorant stick was flushed this morning and disappeared. Although paper seems to be flushing, it's terribly sluggish and slow. I used wet vac to try to retrieve, but no luck. Any recommendations before I call a plumber? Thanks!

Exponential decay [ 1 Answers ]

The radioactive decay formula is A = A0(1/2)^t/n, where A is the current amoutn of the radioactive sample, A0 is the original amount, t is the elapsed time and n is the length of the half life. The half life of Sodium-24 is 14.9h. A researcher begins with 100mg of sodium-24. What is the...

View more questions Search