Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jane Smit Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2009, 05:34 AM
    Is Hemp Oil good for medical usage?
    I obviously take a lot of medication for heart, kidneys and COPD, and diabetes. I'm living with my son 33, and he's a save the world kind of guy. He has done a lot of research, shown me video's, and he wants me to find a way of getting Hemp Oil, and get off half
    My medication. I take around 12 pills a day.
    I keep telling him other than it being illegal, it has not been proven other than in Europe
    And only with rats, and very few people. Although its proven if you have diabetic ulcers,
    People say "they have used it and have gotten good results." I never know how to respond to him, but he's adiment on me quitting my meds, and it's a daily conversation
    And is there someone out there that has used it and found any results.
    With my health being so bad, I won't stop my pills but for someone that is not that bad would you reccoment it.? Is there a doctor, in the house?? :p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Hi, Jane!

I see that you're still learning how to use this site. I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

If you would like to post more questions, please do so by choosing the appropriate topic area that can be found via clicking on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/

Thanks!

Jan 5, 2009, 07:19 AM
    I thought I hit medical, am I not understanding my own question. I know it's a drug but did not think it would go under that because of its use. England has farms growing Hemp to build cars, paper, cloths? I guess I didn't understand what to hit. What should I have
    Checked? Need guidance. Thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Hello Jane:

You're doing fine. Clough cleaned it up for you. Just keep answering right here, like you're doing.

Couple things... Idaho doesn't have a medical marijuana law. Therefore, if you venture into this area, you are not only taking a risk with your health, you're taking a risk with your freedom.

Next: I don't know if "hemp oil" would have the same effect on you as actual marijuana would. In fact, I don't know what "hemp oil" is. Is your son referring to HASH OIL? I know what THAT is.

The particular "hemp" they grow in England doesn't have any THC. If they make oil from THAT, it wouldn't have any THC either.
    THC IS the ingredient that provides medical relief...

So, since you don't know anything about using it, and using what is proposed won't do you any good (IMHO), plus purchasing it will put you in harms way, not only from the cops, but from an unregulated and illegal industry, I'd refrain.

What I WOULD suggest, if you don't have a problem with the LEGAL aspects of your quest, would be to smoke a joint of marijuana. If it HELPS, then keep on doing it. Good clean potent pot IS available ALL over Idaho.

I don't know if you could stop all your other drugs... I doubt it, because marijuana doesn't CURE anything. It just makes it more bearable. Certainly, discuss this with your regular doctor. If he says don't do it because it's illegal, I'd find a doctor who has your HEALTH uppermost in his mind, instead of being a do gooder.

excon

Jan 5, 2009, 04:36 PM

LoL, I appreciated you feed back, but Hemp is grown in England, and other parts of Europe.
    They are farms that just plant Hemp. There regulated and not used for the weed. That part is distroyed. What they do is use the stock, and they used it to make bible paper,
    Cloths, they still spin the threads of the stock, to make wallets, etc. I just saw a picture where they just built a car out of and use a battery for economic cars.
    I gave the site of a name of a man here in the US who made a paste of it and it was used
    For diabetic ulcers, and it was used by a dip of the baby finger to take by mouth for high blood pressure and diabetic insulin users. He actually gave it away to help people, and he was arrested, not sure if he is still in bed. In 1942 they actually grew Hem in Georgia and Tenn. to use in the soil to grow corn. In 1953 a military man was using it on the injured military men, and it was doing wonders. He pushed and pushed for the government to product it, and because it did was a #1 plant, and fired the man and his office crew and it was never discussed again. I don't have a lot of information but I am looking into it, I was just wondering if anyone had and knew of any
    Test on humans. I don't imagine that the pill makers would approve. They would loose a lot of money, but if it helps with cancer, and other
    Things, I don't understand why its not jumped on. It would give so many people jobs for all its purposes other than medical.
    Thanks for your imput, I wish you the best on getting your freedom. Its so precious.
    marie357 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 10:17 AM
    Hi,

I am currently researching hemp oil because it has been recommended for my mother, who has an inoperable brain tumor. Unfortunately, I'm also having a hard time finding any information in reliable medical journals. In this case (I realize it makes me sound like a wacko conspiracy theorist, but, so it goes... ) I think the medical industry is pretty invested in NOT finding out if hemp oil inhibits cancer growth, since there is no money in any kind of 'cure' for cancer that can't be patented by a drug company.

That being said, I would suggest a good place to start is go to YouTube and watch 'Run From the Cure' by Rick Simpson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvosdIXyjWM. It's basically pro-hemp oil propaganda, but it makes some very valid points and is at least a place to get a little bit of info about the plant and what people say about it.

I am continuing my search for information. Basically I am looking for negative side effects. If the worst that can happen is nothing changes, then I will absolutely give it to my mom, since there's always the hope it might help. So far the only negative side effects I've found listed were on the livestrong website http://www.livestrong.com/article/182613-negative-side-effects-of-hemp-oil/, and compared to the side effects of the radiation and chemo my mother has been doing, they're pretty much nothing.

Good luck with your search - I hope you find some relief!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you tie thick hemp? [ 5 Answers ]

I make myself hemp necklaces. Usually I just make thin ones, but I really like the thick ones. However, when I tried to tie the hemp off, the hemp strands were too thick and wouldn't stay in a knot. I looked on the web but no one said anything. Does anyone know how to FINISH off a thick hemp...

Warped hemp [ 1 Answers ]

I make hemp bracelets, but the only problem is that any dye in the hemp comes out when they get repeatedly wet, and they also stretch and fall apart after so long. What can I do, other than take them off before every shower, to save them? Maybe I can waterproof them? Somehow?

CPU Usage? [ 2 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP, my ram is 1GB, my CPU usage has just now spiked to 100% and seems to stay there. I have just ran a anti spy ware and removed spyware found. But my CPU is still running at 100%. I have noticed in the Windows Task Manager under process running I have approximately many...

Cpu usage [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have recently gotten a new computer.. it was about about 2 months ago actually And everything with it has been perfect,but this morning it just got slower... I don't mean internet speed just like.. opening prgrams or installing things slower... I opened the task manager and its using...

View more questions Search