Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 05:26 AM
    Life expectancy
    Hello:

I just had a Grandaughter... Janine just had a Grandson. What do you think their life expectancy is?

I think it'll be 110. You?

excon
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Congratulation! Is this your first?

I think they could easily live to 110. I see my Grandmother still traveling and playing golf at 92 - I can only imagine what medical advances we'll have over the next 100 years. Think of how far we've come in the last 100.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2009, 12:40 PM

Congratulations!! Taking good care of their health and barring any unforseen illness of catastrophic nature they should live to at least 150 if they have long lived ancestors.

My mother's father lived well into his 90's. My mom into her 80's. Her mom was in her 60's. My dad's mother in her 50's, his father in his 50's. He's still alive and as nasty as ever in his 90's. His grandmother lived into her 90's. So I guess I've successfully outlived my grandparents and am now gaining on my parents and great grandma. I'll probably live longer than any of them ever did.

Your genes have a lot to do with this as well.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 27, 2009, 05:43 PM
    The country with the longest life expectancy is Macau, 81 for men, 87 for women. Both genes and having a healthy lifestyle will help you live longer. Wish I had better genes, but I make up for it by living healthy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Congrats on your granddaughter, maybe my grandson and your granddaughter will get together and we'll be related. LOL

With all of the advances in medical technology, as well as the newly approved stem cell research, I do see our grandchildren living to 110+ years. It wasn't that long ago, in this country's history, people only lived to a ripe old age of approx 45. Now we are looking at the 70s and 80s.

However, the increase of stressors as well as the processed foods, lifestyles, etc. Diabetes is on the rise in children as well as adults, obesity, heart disease, this all could begin to reduce the life expectancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana furnace ignitor life expectancy [ 5 Answers ]

I have an Amana Air Command 80 furnace with electronic ignition. I have had mundane stuff go wrong with it over the years, mostly dirty flame sensor and jets, tranformer failure (damn chipmunks) but generally it has been a good appliance. A few weeks ago my furnace started short cycling,...

Plants, Hanging Ferns Life Expectancy [ 1 Answers ]

I have (4) outdoor hanging ferns that have truly trippled in size from when I bought them earlier this summer. Unfortunately, with winter upon us, I feel they may have seen the end of their time. Are ferns a seasonal plant only? Or is it possbile to store them in my attic over the winter, where...

Life expectancy of a beagalier? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know approx how long beagaliers live? I read cavs are 10 to 13 yrs and beagles longer so am unsure as our newly adopted zac is 7 and seems to get tired easily... any ideas would be much appreciated.

View more questions Search