Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haumesle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 04:42 AM
    Customer wants a return in a salon service package
    Hello,
    My question is that I have an issue with a customer that wishes to have her money returned on a salon package that was purchased by a family member as a gift to her. The package was purchased in May of 2007.

I just received a call a week ago (Christmas time) to see if she can get a return on the remaining balance. The package was worth $1700.00, she has only used about $200.00 worth since May. Regular clients come in every 3 weeks when these kind of purchases are bought, the best result is to come every 3-4 weeks. From the beginning we had a hard time getting this client to come in we have called her several of times asking her to come in.
    She now claims that there has been a job lost in the family member that purchased the gift for her and would like us to return the remaning balance of $1500.00 back so she can help out her family member. I mentioned to her that we do not return money back we can only return gift certificates to her & she then can try to sell them or she can give the package to some one else. She is not happy with this and claims she will go another route to get her return. What rights as a salon owner do I have?
    No there where never a discussion about any return policy when the package was bought.

Thank You, Lisa
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 05:29 AM

Do you have a written posted return policy. If no you need to. The type of return, how long a return is good for, all needs to be in a written policy that is posted and/or available to peope who make a purchase.

If your policy is no refunds, then say no. Also purchased items need to have some expiration date, or 10 years from now they can want the product.

Now sometimes it is better to give in, if they are going to bad mouth you around town

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

'Working in this face-to-face customer service environment, how would you demonstrate that you are listening to a customer?' :confused:

Customer service [ 3 Answers ]

How can u be a very customer service representative? What are the FAQ ON customer service?

What is the difference between customer service and customer delight?

When in customer service if a customer yells what do you do?

-Can you give an example of a time when you experienced good customer service and explain why it was good? -Tell me about a time when you give effective customer service? -Have you ever dealt with a company that provided first-class customer service?what aspects it so good and how would you...

View more questions Search