Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tazmaraz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 02:41 AM
    11 week lab puppy with fleas, already tried Advocate
    Hello,

I have a 11 week lab puppy with fleas. We took him to the vet last week and he gave us Advocate to use on the puppy. We have done this, however he is still scratching.

Is it safe for me to use it on him again? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 5, 2009, 03:07 AM

If the vet gave him one last week. I wouldn't recommend giving him another now. I believe you are suppose to wait a month to give him another. Check with your vet to be sure.

Have you used a flea and tick shampoo and a flea collar? Also, there are a few other things I've heard that helped, although I've never had to use them myself but it couldn't hurt.

Slice lemons into boiling water, let it sit for a day, and put it into a spray bottle. Spray your dog 2 or 3 times a week.

I've also heard that Avon skin so soft in a spray bottle works too.

Tea tree oil is suppose to be good also. One part oil to one part water, and into a spray bottle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to treat 6 week old puppy for fleas [ 2 Answers ]

I've just got a new puppy, whitch is only 6 week old. Its covered with fleas, and I'm not sure on how to treat it safely. Any ideas please.

My 6 week old puppy has fleas [ 3 Answers ]

Help, my newly adopted puppy has fleas at 6 weeks old

Fleas and 7 week old pup [ 1 Answers ]

Just adpoted a 7wk old puppy and she is infested with fleas and ticks what can I use

6 Week Old Puppy has Fleas! [ 8 Answers ]

Are 2 older dogs had fleas, so got 2 flea collars for them. Now are puppy is getting fleas and she is only 6 weeks old, what's the best treatment for a puppy so young? Also what's best for the older dogs?

6 week old kitten with fleas [ 11 Answers ]

Our new kitten came home with fleas! The vet applied a topical to him, and we were told to vacuum and wash everything he came into contact with. He has been at our house only 36 hours and was in one room- we have done all that the vet told us to do-- will this solve the problem, do you know? ...

View more questions Search