Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phaedrus69 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Kenmore dryer will not heat
    Kenmore 70 series. Model 66702690. Took it apart and vacuumed all of it including the exhaust duct. It runs fine, tumbles, and counts down. Reset the breaker just in case, as well. I need to know what a cold element should read (ohms) with a meter, as well as the thermostatic switch. Any other help would be great too. Thanks!
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 4, 2009, 05:52 PM

Do you know what wattage the element is? 115VAC or 208/230VAC?
    Burton24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 02:55 PM
    I have the same dryer, and had the same problem. I changed the heating element, the two thermostats... that didn't fix the problem. Finally after spending a lot of money I found that the timer switch was shorting out causing it not to heat. The timer part # is 3406017. They are around $100.00

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Kenmore Dryer won't heat up? [ 2 Answers ]

Model 11086874100 Does anyone know what the most likely problem is? I was told it's generally the thermostat.? Thanks.

Kenmore dryer won't heat up [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My Kenmore dryer 90 series won't heat up. I have changed the breaker, the heating coil, and all 4 of the thermostat parts in the dryer. It will still not heat up. I am at a lost. I don't know what else I can replace. :confused:

Kenmore Gas Dryer does not heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer Model #110.97585210 that does not heat. A few weeks ago I shut the gas off because my wife said the laundry room smells like gas. So, the first thing I did was shut the gas off and waited a day to see if the laundry room continued to smell like gas. Well, luckily the...

Kenmore He3 Dryer doesn't heat [ 3 Answers ]

Our dryer doesn't heat. We are thinking it is either the element, thermal fuse, or thermostat. Regardless of the part, how do you get at them to replace. We have gotten into the machine through the front kick plate and have cleaned out everything within reach from the front kick plate and the...

View more questions Search