Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faerywings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2006, 09:19 PM
    unknown book title
    I read a book about a year ago, and I cannot remember what it was. I will try to remember as much detail as I can about it.

It was a sci-fi/fantasy style of book. There was a big city, and its inhabitants had access to all sorts of magic and wondrous things, and were essentially gods as they could not die or get hurt. To join this city, something random happened while you were sleeping, and you woke up glowing, looking like one of them.

Some big... thing, war, something, happened and what was once a blessed city became cursed. All the magic went away and the people were essentially in perpetual state of living death. You were considered cursed and exiled there if you woke up looking like one.

There was some sort of big political/religious thing going on outside of this city, but I don't remember too much about that. A prince from one of the lands/realms in the world was in an arranged marriage for political reasons, and before he is to marry the princess, the curse happens to him and he is sent to the blessed/cursed city.

Anybody out there have any idea? Thanks for any help you could provide :)
    Quill Youngthorne Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
    No idea about a title or author, sorry, but the world described sounds something like Mount Olympus or the Alyssian Fields (both Godly places). Any bells ringing?
    bn_prince_87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 01:45 AM
    I'm pretty sure that this is Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. I know for a fact that most Barnes and Noble book stores have copies of this.
    Here is the link with a description of the book.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Elantris/Brandon-Sanderson/e/9780765350374/?itm=1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me find a kids book, unknown title [ 4 Answers ]

There was a book I read years ago and I believe the story was even made into a movie in the 80s. A handful of orphan kids run away from the orphanage together. They move into an old house somewhere and start living as a family, trying to hide the fact that there are no parents. The oldest kid, a...

Unknown book title [ 3 Answers ]

This was an illustrated children's book that I had read in a school library during the late 70's, early 80's. The basic story line was about a family of children (5-6 of them) who decided to run away for the day. They went through a series of locals to set up a new home, (e.I. grassy field, raft on...

?A Birthday Party Everyday? (Unknown Book Title) [ 1 Answers ]

There was a children's book I read in the mid-eighties; its title I cannot recall. The main character is a dog who lives alone on a hill. On his birthday, he invites all of his friends to a party at which they all eat peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches (important detail ;) ). He enjoys...

Another unknown book title [ 2 Answers ]

I read a book in the late 80's early 90's. It was about a pandemic that kills all adults. Only children under 14-15 survive. The main charcter is a girl, she has a little brother and drives the car to her school. She sets up a safe place at the school and other kids try yo take over the school....

Unknown book title [ 1 Answers ]

I have been looking for a book I read some time ago. It is about a young girl found wandering in the desert in Egypt and there was some debate if she was the messiah or someone who survived a explosion of a near by genetics lab. This was happening during the millennium. I believe the character...

View more questions Search