Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Socks Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Urban Legend: PSPhone?
    I've heard with some version of PSP, you can simultaneously use it as a PSP and a phone... free of charge. How do you go along doing this?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 5, 2009, 11:38 AM

Urban legend. What you are hearing is a twist on the rumored PSP Phone. Well, not so much a rumor as it is still in development.

Here is an image of a patent filed:

Now, this doesn't mean it will happen.. just that they are trying and wanted to make sure no one copies it. Also, bare in mind that this was filed in 07. Lol

My guess is, don't hold your breath.

Now, in once case, some hackers took a touch screen cell phone and mounted it in the back of a psp.. you could makes calls on it but the drive was destroyed in the process. Lol
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Jan 8, 2009, 05:18 PM

If you want you can already make calls with the psp... you just need to be near wi-fi. You can download skype onto the psp and use it like a phone. They sell accessories for headsets and a mic to use with it.

Jan 9, 2009, 06:34 AM

Doesn't that only work only if both users have skype? (just curious... I really have ignored the whole skype thing lol)
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Jan 9, 2009, 06:38 AM

With skype you can call other people with skype, be it on a PC or psp, for free. If you pay a small fee to skype you can call phones and cell phones also.

Jan 9, 2009, 06:40 AM

Cool.. thanks for the info
    tankichi Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2009, 05:29 PM

As of 3.90 you get skype with the Firmware. I don't know exactly but the PSP 3000 series has a built in mic and might also support Skype that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legend of Zelda [ 11 Answers ]

Twilight Princess. I am in the Goron Mines and ( go ahead make Fun of me those who are farther than that) I have been there for a long time. My point is how do I defeat the boss? He eally makes me mad and I want to do it without dying. Please and Thank You :D :D And also in Wind Waker, I am stuck...

Legend of Zelda: PH [ 3 Answers ]

HI Im stuck on a part where you are on the frosen island where you have tofind the impostor, well, I already did that and I'm in the temple, but I need to activate the 4 purple round things, but I don't know how to.

Good sites of urban decay [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for good sites where there's a good amount of urban decay. Abandoned buildings, pools, towns and such in or around the Sacramento, shingle springs and cameron park areas. A place like Fort Ord would be amazing. The areas mentioned above are ideal but if you know of a good ghost town or...

Urban Literature-the impact on its readers [ 1 Answers ]

What is the impact or the effect of urban literature?

Urban clothing wholesalers [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to to purchase wholesale name brand clothing?

View more questions Search