Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sascwg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 11:05 PM
    How to get back an ex that is now married?
    I dated this man for 10 years and the relationship ended when I was 24 and he was 27. I was ready to move forward and start a family and he was not. We were young when we started dating but after 10 years, I knew he was the only man for me.
    I did eventually marry and had 2 children. He married as well and has been married for almost 2 years. I am separated from my husband but he is still with his wife. We have been apart for 10 years now but reconnected about 6 months ago.
    We started emailing but we have now been seeing each other for about 3 months. I love this man more than I could ever explain and he says he feels the same way about me. We have not been together sexually. He says that he needs time to figure things out because his wife has a child that is not biologically his but he has raised the child as his own and the child knows no other father. He knows that a divorce would mean the end of his relationship with the child.
    I understand the position he is in but I am having a hard time dealing with the time it is taking. He assures me that we will be together once he can figure out how to deal with the child that he loves as his own.
    Is there anything I can do to help this situation move quicker? I have told him that I would step back while he figures things out but he insists that is not what he wants. I love and want to be with this man but I also know that I can't handle this situation much longer. Neither one of us has ever had an affair before... It has never entered our minds until we found each other again.
    I understand that this situation is less than admirable and some will dislike me because of it, but I'm truly looking for help.
    Thank you!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2009, 11:12 PM

Who found who? And why? Nothing good can come of this situation. Nothing... he is married. If you want to get a divorce, that's fine, but you shouldn't be trying to break up other people's homes on top of that. Did you think of his wife? Or her child?
    marcel_ke Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 11:18 PM

Well , the ball is in his court,you can't do much.he should think what the worst thing that can happen : if he loves you a lot he will loose one and gain 2.if he divorce and agree to pay child support he might have the chance to see the child and sustain the bond.
    jennifer1010 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Jan 3, 2009, 11:19 PM

I agree with ZoeMarie about the did you think of his wife or the child. And who did find who and for what reason? You'd break a home to be happy yourself? Well you are in a very hard position. I don't think you can really speed up that process. It's probably going to take a while and it might not go in the direction you want it to... but good luck.
    sascwg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 11:42 PM

His sister and I have been best friends for the past 20 years and she was here visiting her parents and while I was there to see her he showed up.
    Thank you all for your thoughts.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 01:09 AM

Feelings are not more important than life and the life choices made along the way.

Feelings are not more important than anything else. Your character is based on what you do.

You have split your family up and apparently are committed to the process of breaking up someone else's marriage because of your feelings for the married person.

This falls into my working definition of evil. Sorry that sounds so harsh, but I want the words to ring in your head the next time you look in the mirror, even if you blow me off.

What you're trying to do is evil. Stop.

Grownups ignore feelings/urges that lead to evil. Well, GOOD grownups do. What does your mirror say?
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Jan 4, 2009, 06:11 AM

Sorry but your totally wrong, you are thinking of your feelings instead of his wife's. Step aside, you have no business seeing a married man, whether he was the love of your life for years. YOU are breaking up a marriage. What makes you think he wouldn't do that to you if you were married to him? You have no business let him make his marriage work. Sorry, but its not going to work, it will only backfire in the end.
    popcorn708 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 06:25 AM
    I say u take him back she's not looking
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Jan 4, 2009, 06:30 AM

I think you are playing with FIRE.

This will back fire on all of you, not only is a family going to be broken up, but there will only come tears in the long run.

When people break up, there is always a reason which led it to happen. I think you are being to blinkered with what you had in the past with this person, you are only seeing the good and not the bad. It is easy to put your head in the clouds, but we must always keep our feet on the ground.

If you had feelings that where so strong, why did you both lose contact and marry others?
    learnintolikeme Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Jan 4, 2009, 07:16 AM
    He left you once,
    He is doing the same to his wife to protect a child.
    He didn't want a child with you, have you asked yourself why?
    You are also showing a very selfish side, I want I must get...
    Your own marriage broke up why do you want his to break up?

Neither you or this man show any respect for anyone else around them.
    Just remember, what comes around goes around. Your day of hurt will reappear. I hope you can remember who you hurt when you yourself are in emotional pain.

Grow up and become a front figure for your own kids. It is them that I feel sorry for.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:34 AM

He dumped you once, but obviously that didn't matter, so you get into a marriage that didn't work, and now your back at square one, with the guy who dumped you, and you think things will work this time?

Your wasting your time, and could have built a happy healthy life for yourself and kids by now. Instead your going backward and trying to bring misery and pain to another family.

Geez your still married your own self. If this is the way you handle yourself and your business, no wonder your life is a mess.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 09:29 AM

So your willing to break-up a married for your own selfish needs. How would you feel if you was in the wife shoes? Knowing that your husband is trying to think to be with you or your ex? Some things are better off to stay in the past.

If he was single then it would be a different story. If he was going get a divorce then he would've or should be doing it without your influence.

But most likely he won't be getting a divorce and moving on to you. Read the other threads from people in your shoes. Your going get string along and all he's going do is tell you lies while your being strung along.

Save yourself a lot of pain and leave him alone. The only person that I feel sorry for is he wife because she doesn't have a clue with her husband is doing behind her back. I hope she finds out or why don't you ask her how to get with her husband.

Married guys should always be out limit, no matter what.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by popcorn708 View Post
    i say u take him back shes not looking
    Are you serious? I guess you have no problem if someone takes your spouse while you wasn't looking.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Jan 4, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Are you serious? I guess you have no problem if someone takes your spouse while you wasn't looking.
    Yeah... some people really need help! Feel kind of bad for them because their oblivious and will learn life's lessons hard. Everything comes back to you one way or another. For the OP, it's simple... move on and find someone else because there is someone out there.
    Software Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by popcorn708 View Post
    i say u take him back shes not looking
    Evil attracts evil sometimes. Hopefully this was a POORLY timed and worded sarcastic comment. Either way, it's non-useful.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 06:39 PM

I'm stunned that this woman would actually be giddy about taking the only father this child has ever known away from him. This isn't just stealing a husband, it's stealing a father. Mind you this is woman who is a mother herself, raising two children, and this is the kind of behavior they are growing up around. Truly F-ing sick.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 4, 2009, 06:45 PM

JBeaucaire, sorry about the disagree on the 1st page. I hit the wrong button. I thought your analysis was dead on correct.
    Software Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:24 PM

(wink) No worries. I noticed that, if you click on REPORT INAPPROPRIATE POST in that message and ask the Moderators to correct it, I'm sure they would.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 07:24 PM

You love this man so much that your willing to do anything to be with him.

He can't assure you anything because believe me if he wanted to be with you he would be by your side right now. He wouldn't have you waiting around to see what he's going do.

You have love totally screw up because if you step back and be the outsider looking in you would see how wrong this is. Your not the only one doing wrong,your ex is too, but two wrongs don't make a right.

So the next question I have for you is "what are your going do to make this situation right?" Do you really want to sit around and wait for him to decide what he's going do?

To be honest I don't think your going have the fairy tale ending your waiting for. Instead your going be left feelings like you did 10 years ago but maybe the two of you will reconnect in the next ten years.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 4, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    (wink) No worries. I noticed that, if you click on REPORT INAPPROPRIATE POST in that message and ask the Moderators to correct it, I'm sure they would.
    Done and done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I refile my taxes from Married to married filing separtly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband owes taxes and we have been filing taxes Married/Jointly. But Since he owes we won't get the rebate. After I filed our 2007 taxes (I did myself) I wondered if I could have filed Married/filing separately Can I go back and refile again with Married/filing separately. We have kids. So...

Indian Tax Return:-On H1B ,recently married & spouse back in her country; [ 1 Answers ]

I am from India and currently on H1-B for last 5 years. I have been filing 1040 (with status as single) for my tax returns . Last december(07), I got married. My wife is still in Qatar and she is still working. She already has a H4 Visa but has never visited usa.She will be joining in April'08. I...

Back with ex but he is married [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with this man for many years we have a child together I love him but don't want to be stupid.what should I do I am so lost we have been apart for a year

View more questions Search