Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jul 20, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Life
    Hi just to start by saying I haven't been on here for a while which is also due to me moving etc because I had to :mad: and at the moment I actually hate life. I feel really depressed and have cut myself off from my friends. Even some really close friends I can't speak too and they try and help but I just end up snapping and going mad. Also I don't like eating - today I have had some crisps but loads of drinks like lucozade and coke. I have really just been trying to take each day as it comes and get through that before then moving on and doing the same the next day. I have only thought about posting this because earlier one of my mates said she was seriously worried about me which kind of made me stop felling that I am so hated but when she left I just can't help felling that I am hated and have no friends etc. please help because although I don't actually care what people think about me there are just 3 or 4 friends I am close too and don't want to fallout with these or my life seriously wouldn't be worth living

Thanks
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 20, 2006, 02:00 PM
    Hey, I can see your having a tough time, and I have a question, did you move from your friends?

I understand that can be a really big blow to you and your world, everything you know is ripped from you and you feel you have been cheated. The reason you are not eating is because you are suffering from depression. Depression can make sleeping and eating hard, and especially make you on edge because it gives you a false sense of emotion. Really all it does is screw up your mind and makes you more prone to having espisodes or outbursts even if your not mad, because when you are depressed and you don't handle it, the depression likes to hide within in you and sometimes you don't know it and that's when it will poke it's head out and screw you up, and that's why deep depression can make people on edge and testy for a lack of a better word. I like to see that your friends care about you enough to tell you that you need help. The only way you are going to get back to normal is if you confront your depression. Depression is not something you can hide from or pretend like it's not there. The only way you can cure yourself is to realize what is making you depressed and confront it. If moving is your problem, I understand what your going there, but I can't offer advice on that because you said your friends are worried about you which leads me to believe you still are in contact with them so you might have/might not have moved from there, so just tell me and I would like to offer more advice. And I know when you are depressed, it seems that going through life isn't worth it because there is nothing at the end of the tunnel to work for but believe me there is, this too shall pass, you have to remember that even though it is really ****ty right now and I believe it, there will be better days, you need to honestly understand that the funk you are in is just a funk and that you will succed from it and become a successful person that loves life,you will and I truly believe it. Please inform us if you have anything more to say, like the question about the moving because all of us would like to help.
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 20, 2006, 02:24 PM
    Manu it sounds that you have got some very close friends that care about you ! I'm Sorry to hear that your having such a hard time at present.

One thing that I will say is that you must eat as this does not help matters, nore does cutting yourself off from people.

Have you tried to speak to one of your friends that you are very close too and telling them the way you are feeling.

IMO it sounds that you are Depressed, this is nothing to be ashamed of, but is important you deal with it.

Please do not feel alone ! You have got lots of friends from across the globe here and willing to help and talk to you.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 21, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzkid89
    Hey, I can see your having a tough time, and I have a question, did you move from your friends?

I understand that can be a really big blow to you and your world, everything you know is ripped from you and you feel you have been cheated. The reason you are not eating is because you are suffering from depression. Depression can make sleeping and eating hard, and especially make you on edge because it gives you a false sense of emotion. Really all it does is screw up your mind and makes you more prone to having espisodes or outbursts even if your not mad, because when you are depressed and you don't handle it, the depression likes to hide within in you and sometimes you don't know it and that's when it will poke it's head out and screw you up, and that's why deep depression can make people on edge and testy for a lack of a better word. I like to see that your friends care about you enough to tell you that you need help. The only way you are gonna get back to normal is if you confront your depression. Depression is not something you can hide from or pretend like it's not there. The only way you can cure yourself is to realize what is making you depressed and confront it. If moving is your problem, I understand what your going there, but I can't offer advice on that because you said your friends are worried about you which leads me to believe you still are in contact with them so you might have/might not have moved from there, so just tell me and I would like to offer more advice. And I know when you are depressed, it seems that going through life isn't worth it because there is nothing at the end of the tunnel to work for but believe me there is, this too shall pass, you have to remember that even though it is really ****ty right now and I believe it, there will be better days, you need to honestly understand that the funk you are in is just a funk and that you will succed from it and become a successful person that loves life,you will and I truly believe it. Please inform us if you have anything more to say, like the question about the moving because all of us would like to help.
    Grr... I just hate that 'spread it' message. Good Job, Wiz.
    Manu.. Could there also be something you thought of or did that makes you think you don't deserve to be liked anymore? Hey, we all do dumb things along our way in life, but as long as we face them, work them out and admitt it, then they can be 'filed' away as "things we all did when we were young and dumb". These are stories we can later reflect on and laugh about, no matter how bad you think they are now.

Wizzkid has some great insight on your current issues and as he said, we are all willing, and sometimes actually 'able' to help you out of this. So, please stay in touch, and let it all out here - it certainly cannot hurt.

Lots of luck, and all our best.

Eat some nutritional stuff - your body needs it to help your mind find it's equilibrium again. Drinking too much Coke can make your body retain water and make you puff up - it's worse than the proverbial 'beer belly' - Right now, I would concentrate on Vitamin B family and Vitamin K (can be found in raisins).
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 21, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Yeah I know what you mean about the spread it around, it happened to me four times yesterday, go figure. As for "things we all did when we were young and dumb" I have a stack of files taller than the sears tower lol. And your absolutely right about eating nutritionally, because not only does depression affect the appetite but not getting the right kind of food can induce the mind into depression, so it's good to always get food and make sure you have a happy body because the mind will follow.
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jul 26, 2006, 08:43 AM
    Sorry didn't reply sooner the computer was messing around with page not found and all this rubbish I've reset it now. I have moved like to a different part of the city so I have no friends that actually live by me or near me. The one I mentioned I speak to on the net and like text an stuff and that's how she said that to me. I still go to the same school and all that though. Well after the holidays I will.

Thanks
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 26, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manutd4eva
    sorry didn't reply sooner the computer was messing around with page not found and all this rubbish I've reset it now. I have moved like to a different part of the city so I have no friends that actually live by me or near me. The one I mentioned I speak to on the net and like text an stuff and that's how she said that to me. I still go to the same school and all that though. Well after the holidays I will.

Thanks
    :) Good to see you back posting ! I'm guessing your finding it hard moving across the City to another part :o , its always hard when we get our safety zones taken away from us. I/E having all our friends close to home etc and knowing where nearly everything is. Being thowen in at the deep end is always hard as an adult yet alone a teen.

Its good that you still keep in contact with your friends via text, internet etc. Have you looked at joining any local things close to you so you can get out and meet new people ! :) Yea its always hard at first, but getting out and about may help you take your mind of some of the worries that you have and also help you make some new friends closer to your new HOME.

Hope all goes well with you and as I said before.

Please do not feel alone ! You have got lots of friends from across the globe here and willing to help and talk to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Aim of life [ 25 Answers ]

I want to know what is the possible aim of life of humans on earth.

How is this life? [ 10 Answers ]

Every day is the same. I feel like I am trapped in a corner. This world is pushing me into a dark corner. Pushing me into somewere I don't want to be. Pushing me into something I do not want to do. School, Parents, Friends, Loved ones, Working, money, drugs, alcohol, and the future. All of these...

Aah the life... [ 2 Answers ]

Staying at Deer Creek State Park, out in the middle of nowhere (I thought)... doing some computer work while the kids are traipsing around outside looking for bugs, spiders and snakes... and lo and behold I get a message "there is a wireless network in range"!! An amazing world we live in, aye?

My life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lot of dreams in my life and I finally want to move forward and make something of my life.Do you see me making any of my dreams reality and will my life turn out OK or end up worse. Thanks in advance

Now all I think about is a life with her [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post.

View more questions Search