Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muffinstove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 06:49 PM
    Elder Financial Exploitation Process
    I called APS in Cuyahoga County and reported my bro for 8 years of financial exploitation of my father. I gave enough info that they opened a case. My questions are:
    1. Does anyone know the Ohio process?
    2. Wll APS look at bank records to verify my report?
    3. If APS looks at financial records, how far back will they go?
    4. Will they look at the forged signatures on checks?
    And my final question... I have copies of the finance transations. Am I at risk of getting myself in trouble if I send the APS these copies along with a letter explaining events that
    Occurred. I am dealing with a sociopathic brother and I never trust him. I don't want to jeopardize myself financially or put my home at risk. If APS doesn't do their job, my father will end up in a nursing home on Medicaid. If APS does their job, Dad could get his house back and use it for $$ if he needs to go to assisted living. He would also stop the theft from his bank account that my bro is doing, all within the shady side of the law.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Hello m:

If you're going to rely on this agency, then DO whatever you can to help them in their investigation. I would be asking THEM these questions - not us.

Are you risking stuff by doing this to your brother?? You betcha. But, if you're doing it, DO IT!

It wouldn't hurt for you to hire a lawyer for your dad either.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elder care [ 4 Answers ]

I have two friends , they are over 70 years old , they want me to take care of them in my house , I live with my husband only , we have 4 bedrooms , do I need special permitts in order to do this?

Where can I report elder financial abuse [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that I live in canada. My mother moved in with my brother and his wife aprox, 3 years ago. At first it was fine. She was suppose to pay 300 a month rent. Shortly later it changed that she would buy the groceries instead of paying rent. I have had access to her bank...

Elder bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I'm asking if my mom whom is 80yrs old and is divorced for 33yrs+ is living on a fixed income of $800.00 per month and still living in her own home which is her only assett. She has appx. $20,000.00 in credit card bebt that is immpossible to repay. Can she file bankruptcy?

Elder law [ 2 Answers ]

Since 1999 I have been taking care of my grandmother. It started with home maintenance and has progressed to help with finances, medical appointments, and basic physical care. In July of last year my uncle's daughter, her boyfriend and their daughter moved in with my grandmother. Neither of them...

How do I keep box elder bugs away? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get rid of box elder bugs? The south side of my house is just covered with them. I have two kids under 5, and a dog, so I would rather not use pesticides. I know they will fly away to feed, but how do I keep them from coming back. It seems like every year they have become more numerous. ...

View more questions Search