Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Puppy exercise when it's cold out?
    I don't know what to do for my puppy when it's cold out. I just took her for a short walk - like 15 min just because she's got so much energy and I know sitting in the house isn't going to help, but it's only 35 degrees out. What can I do other than take her out in the cold because she's got really short fur and gets cold easily.

Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 3, 2009, 01:58 PM

You could purchase a treadmill and teach her to use it, it's actually much easier then it sounds. Cesar Milan actually has a few videos out showing how to do this, just Google it.

Or, you could purchase some winter gear. A doggy coat and booties and puppy is all set for the cold weather. Just remember, like anything new that you introduce, it will take some time for her to get used to it. Introduce the jacket and booties slowly. Let her sniff, let her get used to the idea. Most dogs will fight the booties, but, if you're patient, she will accept them sooner or later.

Personally, I like the treadmill idea, but not everyone has room in their home for a treadmill.

I hope this helps. :)
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jan 3, 2009, 02:00 PM

Umm... You know having a Husky I have never really had to deal with this... Could you get your dog a jacket to keep her warm.
    There is tons of winter apparal that you can get for dogs, even stuff for there paws, I actually purchased a container of wax stuff for rex's paws, and it works great.

But for the days you really can't get outside how 'bout a good ol' game of hide 'n seek?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it bad to exercise before bed? [ 38 Answers ]

Why is it bad to exercise before bed?

When to eat and exercise [ 5 Answers ]

I like to exercise in the morning when I wake up. If I don't eat breakfast I get really hungry while exercising, but when I do eat breakfast (usually toast or a breakfast bar) half the time I feel nauseous or have a stomach ache or have to use the restroom badly in the middle of exercising. What...

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Name of exercise [ 6 Answers ]

What is the name of this exercise. I think it is used in football where you start standing up then go to your knees and then to the pushup position. Then you stand up. I'm hoping I explained this correctly. Is it a core exercise or what?

View more questions Search