Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    James23841 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Manufactured Home Electric Hot Water Heater
    My manufactured home hot water heater isn't heating any water, I looked at the thermostat and the wires seems to have burn marks near them, and it seems that water or moister near the thermostat. Do need to buy a new water heater or do I need a new thermostat? A friend told me that I would need a new heater because the water heater may be leaking water near the thermostat.

James B
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 2, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Unless you have a weld near the thermostat it's doubtful the tank's bad. Is the moisture that you see dripping down from above? Sounds more like a faulty element to me. Check and replace if necessary. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Water Heater [ 4 Answers ]

I have an electric water heater this about 10 yrs old. I have to constantly press the reset button because the heater runs out of Hot Water. When I press the reset button after a while the water becomes almost scalding hot and will eventually turn cold again, which forces me to press the reset...

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

Electric hot water heater [ 1 Answers ]

Wiring diagram to wire an electric hot water heater to breaker panel

Electric water heater to pex [ 2 Answers ]

My new hot water heater has 3/4" pipe connections, can i use a 3/4"pipe to 3/4" PEX brass adapter with an inline Pex 3/4" ball valve, or is there a reason I see some folks installing brass or bronze extensions? My pex manifold is less than 3 feet from the water heater and will use 3/4" pex line to...

Electric Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have an electric water heater this about 10 yrs old. I have to constantly press the reset button because the heater runs out of Hot Water. When I press the reset button after a while the water becomes almost scalding hot and will eventually turn cold again, which forces me to press the reset...

View more questions Search