Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rosalie_16 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Mental health of a sixteen year old girl
    Ok as of late I have been crying myself to sleep. I am mean a lot, and I don't remember being mean or why I was mad. I am finding myself staying away from people more than normal. I don't want to talk to people that much. I don't even find joy in playing with my three year old cousin. I use to love sitting and playing with her for hours. I turn off my phone cause I don't want to talk to any one. I read a lot, giving me a reason to stay way from people. Now I have never been a people person, but it has never been this bad.. what could be wrong
    Mikeym Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2009, 06:25 PM

Sounds like mild asperger's disease which my stepbrother has, he likes to be alone most of the time himself, I don't no how to get round it doh because I'm only 17 sorry :(

Jan 2, 2009, 06:29 PM

Its OK. I understand what its like to not know something and had it.

Jan 2, 2009, 06:32 PM

You might grow out of it? Best not aviod contact doh, just find a way to communicate you feel comfortable with

Jan 2, 2009, 06:35 PM

I feel comfortable with one person and he ditched me tonight

Jan 2, 2009, 06:36 PM

Aww well ders always tomorrow :)

Jan 2, 2009, 06:40 PM

I don't think he wants to be around me. Not that I can blame him

Jan 2, 2009, 06:44 PM

Im sure he does, well I'm off good luck with everything :)

Jan 2, 2009, 06:48 PM
    OK later dude
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 2, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie_16 View Post
    Ok as of late I have been crying myself to sleep. I am mean a lot, and I dont remember being mean or why I was mad. I am finding myself staying away from people more than normal. I dont want to talk to people that much. I dont even find joy in playing with my three year old cousin. I use to love sitting and playing with her for hours. I turn off my phone cause I dont want to talk to any one. I read a lot, giving me a reason to stay way from people. Now I have never been a people person, but it has never been this bad.. what could be wrong
    I'm not sure if your are famillure with BIPOLAR, but there are two things to remember. ONe you go up, feeling super happy, or maybe just powerful, energized, invincable. In this state you may have higher confidence, making you some what talkative and friendly. But after being "high" a person becomes more often than not irritable. When you get irritable you get "y". I do it and don't mean to but I just want people to get away from me and leave me alone for a while. This state is called "mania".

Note: some people can suffer from Mania by itself.

If you are, BIPOLAR you'll crash, due to the seritonin in your brain is pretty much used up and your "S.O.L." You become sad, and depressed. Usually, apathetic and don't care one way or another. Low drive, sleep more, loss of interest in pleasurable activities, yes even sex, and changes in eating habbits. (More or Less.) Difficulty consentrating, or easily confused.

BIPOLAR is both mania, and depression in different strengths. There are different types to consider as well.

I'm going to say that maybe your "mean" qualities are due to Mania, and you just get irritated with people very easily. You may not have BIPOLAR on account that you seem too well just not depressed. So either you are in the early stages or you have something else, or you aren't bipolar. At any rate I think you are MANIC, or on a "high"; if you want more info, which I left out, I can give it to you. Just let me know.

Best advice, don't give up, keep remembering that things will be better. So go to a doctor, Counseler and get them to see why you're Mood has changed so much. Could be a puberty thing too, but id still go ask to make sure.

K I'm talking in circles, Take care and let me know how you're going.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 2, 2009, 07:20 PM

P.S. I'm sure you already know, but I'm Bipolar. That's why I know so much about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sixteen year old daughter hates me [ 6 Answers ]

I have a sixteen year daughter who says she hates me. We got into a huge fight and I had her go to my parents house cause somebody would have got hurt. I can't understand why she walks around our house like she is the most misserable girl on earth. She swears at me all the time she is so nasty.did...

Mental health [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to find out what is wrong with my 11 year old son ever since he was 8 months old he has been violent he has no concentration unless its on the games console he's disobedient defiant below average on school work rude to school teachers always getting excluded he's bossy quick tempered...

Could be mental health? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My name is Alexandra and I am a 21 year old college nursing student. For a long time now (since I was about 15 or 16 and has just progressively gotten worse) I have had this persistent and constant strange, sort of indescribable feeling that I am not physically here... like the things around...

Mental health [ 2 Answers ]

How Do I Have Someone Committed To A Mental Health Hospitol?

Mental health [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone feel they lose energy the older they get?

View more questions Search