Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gutisha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Connecting DVR player with DVD/VCR player
    I have a directtv DVR box and can not recorder on my DVD/VCR player. I can play an VCR tape. I need help to connect the cables correctly to be able to record from my TV to my DVD/VCR player. Please help.:confused:
    snookie82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2009, 10:08 PM

Well you need to answer a few things first. Are you just using standard coaxle cables? Are you trying to record to the VCR from the DVR? Usually it is a pain to correctly correlate the correct wires with the correct channels and/or imputs outputs and link them together as one but have no fear it can be done. Let me know exactly what you have done and what you are trying to do.
    luvdablues Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 08:15 AM

I want to hook up my cable box to vcr so I can record.
    gutisha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by snookie82 View Post
    well you need to answer a few things first. Are you just using standard coaxle cables? Are you trying to record to the VCR from the DVR? Usually it is a pain to correctly correlate the correct wires with the correct channels and/or imputs outputs and link them together as one but have no fear it can be done. Let me know exactly what you have done and what you are trying to do.
    Thank you. I have cables (white,red & yellow) ones, I also have S-video cable, I have a sony DVD/VCR player, Panasonic TV and Direct TV dish with DVR. I tried to connect all cables and all I could get was to play a VC tape, but can not copy from TV or from DVR.
    knownotall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 01:20 PM

Did you ever find out how to connect your dvr and sony dvd/video and make it work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting a DVD player with Satellite Dish [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 52 inch Toshiba HDTV that is already connected to a DISH network satellite. I would like to connect a DVD player and have no idea how to connect. I may also need help with figuring out which remote I use. Currently I have to use the TV remote that just turns on the TV and the DISH remote...

Connecting digital cable box to vcr/dvd player [ 1 Answers ]

I just upgraded to a digital cable box and now I can't record with my vcr. I have a vcr/dvd player combo. The cable company tells me that I can only record the station that I'm watching. Obviously, that defeats the purpose. So how do I connect these things so that I can be watching one station,...

Connecting my mp3 player to my receiver [ 4 Answers ]

The cable I am going to buy is Play Your iPod® on Your Stereo The easiest way to listen to music. Your iPod makes it fun and easy to keep your favorite music with you just about anywhere. Now you can connect it quickly and easily to a stereo so you can share tunes with friends or get “bigger”...

Connecting DVD player/recorder to Direct TV [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me in connecting a Magnavox DVD Player/Recorder MWR10D6 to the Direct TV cable box and ultimately to the TV set.

Connecting DVD player and VCR with one composite jack [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a old Samsung TV with two composite AV jacks, out of which, the front jacks are not working. The rear jacks are working fine and I have connected it to my DVD player. I want to connect my VCR also to my TV. The TV has an Audio-out in the rear, but I am not sure if it is working or...

View more questions Search