Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timelady Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 06:56 AM
    New dvd multi rw/cd-rw.since I have,
    Had this new drive installed,it plays cd"s OK,but it will not copy music or photos to cd-rw,does anyone think it may be windows media players fault,as the brand new cd-rw,memorex is still ejected,saying use clean disc? Iam at my wits end trying every thing,contacting the guy that replaced the rom,is hope-less,(I wonder why)
    Please help me some-one. Thanks.. :confused:
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 2, 2009, 07:16 AM

1) does windows see it as a CDRW?
    2) when you put a blank disc in... does windows ask you what you want to do?
    3) have you tried other applications to burn files?
    4) Have you gone to the website and gotten the latest drivers?

Jan 2, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Sorry I am a complete grey haired novice,how will I know if windows see it as a cd-rw?media player doesn't think I have a clean cd-rw in the drive.Ihave tried roxio,the same happens,been to update drivers they say drivers are updated.thank you very much for replying.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2009, 04:48 PM

In windows explorer, how is the drive recognized - if it is d: drive, what is it listed as

How are you trying to copy music/data to it?

You are trying to copy info to a cd-rw disc?

What type of cd rom did you install?

Jan 3, 2009, 02:11 AM
    Hi,thank you for your questions,I may be getting myself in to deep,I will try to give you the info you asked me for.The drives are under "devices with removable storage" dvd/cd-rw,drive d,in properties under the general tab it says,type cd drive,file system unknown,under hardware it says,ST340015A.. DISK DRIVES... ASUS DRW-2014L1... DVD/CD-R... HL-DT-ST.. R/W/DVD GCC-4481B.. DVD/CD-R... (ASUS IS THE DRIVE THAT WAS LAST INSALLED).Under location it says 0.. recording in this drive is enabled.local disk c,fastest... What I have just written is in properties for d and e drive.. I hope I have given you the correct info,if you get fed-up with this I will understand... Yes I am trying to burn music and photos of my sons wedding to cd.. using windows media player 11.many many thanks for your help.. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2009, 07:22 AM

You won't be able to do anything with media player, you need some sort of burning software

Here is a free one, I have not used this one before but it is what you need to get data on to discs
    CDBurnerXP: Introduction and News

I am sure there are help files and on the left hand side of this link, there are Help and FAQ section and also a forum that you can go to and ask questions if any come up

Once you download and install this, you will be able to do your copying

Jan 3, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Thank you downloaded the site you gave me,looked like all OK,then big error notice,looks like cd been burned on ,but can't play back so don't know.thank you for your help.looks like I need new PC..
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2009, 11:45 AM

Just go to windows explorer and click on the cd drive and see if there is anything already on disk

Try putting in a new disc and try to copy some files over with the program

I have not used that program before, but make sure you check all settings and make sure that there is not an option to finalize disc after burning, if there is an option to finalize - uncheck it

Finalize means that after you burn some files to it, no other files can be burned from that point on, so look for that option and uncheck it if it is there

You just have to get used to using the software, that's all

Jan 5, 2009, 07:49 AM

Open my computer

Look for cd drive
    Does it say CD-R or CD-RW or DVD-R or DVD-RW?

It has to have the R or RW after it...

Looking at the front of the drive in the computer. Does it say it's a RW? If its DVD RW are you using CD's or DVD's?
    If DVD's you have to make sure it matches. Some drives can only use DVD+R or DVD-R (the front of your drive should say DVD+ (or -) R
    If you are using CD's, when you first put the CD in... does windows pop up a window asking what would you like to do?

Jan 5, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Cd drive.. d.. Says.. dvd/cd-rw..
    Cd drive.. e.. says... dvd-ram.. cd/rw...
    I am using brand new memorex cd-rw.I have just tried to burn some music to a cd-rw.all looked well ,but after about 20 minutes,ejected error in burning .

Jan 5, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Sorry meant to say in front of PC.. drive.. d says.. dvd-rom.. cd-rw...
    On e.. it says.. dvd multi.. cd-rw... Thanks...

Jan 5, 2009, 09:20 AM

When burning... look for an option to finalize the cd.
    My guess is the CD's are CD-R's not CD-RW. With RW's you can leave it open with no errors... but sometimes CD-R's are picky and you need to do all the files at once and finalize the cd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multi orgasm [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for a woman to have a orgasm as long as jou play with here. When me and my wife is playing it seems she can't stop . Is wave after wave . Is it possible for a woman to orgasm that long?:)

About a multi meter [ 1 Answers ]

I've been told to list the procedure for prepairing a multi meter before use Any ideas Thanks guys and gals

He is multi dating. [ 13 Answers ]

Should I confront with him that I know he is multi dating with others? He is trying to cover it up by denying the facts. It feels so hurt when you know he is still keeping his doors open... Most people would say 'just move on... ' but I have feelings for him and I believe that he has too......

Multi vitamin [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a multi vitamin with iodine and B12 in it and it has to be suckable or chewable. Does anyone know where I can find something like that?

View more questions Search