Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hyejinlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 04:12 AM
    I have renters insurance but.
    I have renters insurance. I moved about 15 miles down the way to a new apartment. My TV, Surround sound, and TV table/stand were broken/loss of value. Would that normally be covered? I'm in the military and definitely don't have the cash to pay for any of these items/repair them. What to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! This is a legit question, so please don't flame!

Kc
    Rivethead Posts: 88, Reputation: 7

Jan 2, 2009, 09:50 PM

Presume you moved it yourself. If so, no it is not covered. If a moving company did your move then go back to them.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 08:16 AM

I agree, it all depends on who/how the TV was damaged.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hyejinlove View Post
    I have renters insurance. I moved about 15 miles down the way to a new apartment. My TV, Surround sound, and tv table/stand were broken/loss of value. Would that normally be covered? I'm in the military and definatly don't have the cash to pay for any of these items/repair them. What to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! This is a legit question, so please don't flame!

Kc

Read your policy - it's normally fire/theft. Sounds like damage during moving so, no, unless you picked up a moving rider or the movers had insurance, it's not covered.

Would be the same if you would be cleaning and knocked the TV over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is renters insurance necessary? [ 7 Answers ]

Moving out into an apartment for the first time. Do I need renters insurance? And where should I look for it? How much is reasonable? How much is reasonable? Is there a certain kind of renters insurance I should get?

Renters law? [ 4 Answers ]

So I tried to search for it myself and couldn't really find nothing more than the locks, doors windows little things like that. I was just wondering in short if there are certain specifications for a house for it to be rented to another family. Basically for rent by owner? The story in short:...

Are we renters? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister-in-law owns the house we live in. We pay all taxes and insurance on the house as well as all normal maintence costs. We are responsible for keeping up the place. On long term expenses, we pay 50% - example, for reroofing we paid 1/2 of the cost of $3000. The question arose as to our...

Kansas State Renters Law for Renters [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Lenexa, Kansas a part of Johnson County Kansas. I need to know What the law is governing renters rights when it comes to repair of things Like garbage disposals etc. I also need to know if it is a requirement of the Law to have shades or blinds furnished by landlord or if this is the...

View more questions Search