Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thampoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 12:40 AM
    Subordinat's political movement
    As my subordinate - clerk playing game at office Instead of helping me (his immediate boss) he helps my boss (i.e. boss's boss) alongwith some tips to my boss against me such as I'm not working, not working properly. He wants to show that he is much more worring about the desk and I'm not at all worrying and doing my job. In fact he does some drama as if he is working very hard and with buttering to my boss he will try to transfer his work to me. Advise How should I make him work and stop passing false information to my boss
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 5, 2009, 08:15 PM

If you are doing your job well, and your boss is falling for the guy's smoozing, you don't have a very good (or smart) boss.

Have you set specific performance goals for the employee? Is he meeting them?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:03 PM

It sounds like this person is jockeying for your job and how you handle it depends on how much your boss likes the guy.

First, make sure your own performance is impeccable and that you are accountable to your boss. See that he/she gets appropriate reports showing that you are attaining the goals set for you.

Second, if your subordinate is not doing what is asked, don't complain to your boss about it but rather indicate in your report to management the areas you are working with your employee on such as, "Working with Janet to improve turnaround on the following items that are sub-par at this time:" and list those items. Don't be bashing or nasty, particularly if your boss likes your subordinate... take a "coaching" attitude about it.

If your boss likes your subordinate and not you, you need to find another job. If your subordinate's comments about you are true, you need to resolve that problem yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movement of one eye while eating. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy for a few days and we are doing very well. Today we had breakfast together for the 1st time at a dinner. Half way through our meal I looked up at him as he was telling me a story, that's when I noticed his right eye wonders off as the other eye looks down at his food it...

A Political Joke from a Non-Political Person, LOL [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... thought this was funny and wanted to share it with all of you... A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I am the head of the family..so call me the President..... Your mother is the administrator of the...

Progressive movement [ 2 Answers ]

I was listening to the local political radio show host this morning and he was saying how with this election we are bound to get a Woodrow Wilson progressive type government and he listed a few really messed up things Wilson did as President. I remembered hearing this same thing years ago, but my...

Less movement? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if any one else has had a pregnancy in which the baby moved very little in the third trimester. I worry because I had a very nice amount of movement late in the second trimester and now early in the third movement is rare. The doctor tells me to try sugar or caffeine to...

Movement every 3 days [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently 18 weeks 5 days pregnant and I am consistently feeling movement about ever 3 days. I feel the baby move about 3 or so times a day on the days I do feel movement. I know some woman do not feel anything till 20 weeks; however, I wonder is it normal for me to feel movement and then feel...

View more questions Search