Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    log Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Jan 1, 2009, 11:01 PM
    Jeep hesitation
    :confused:hi,. I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee ltd. 4.0 liter ,inline 6,. 4wd (4by4)
    Anyway I was driving and I noticed the engine revving but the vehicle not accelerating,so after that it just got worse as I put it into any gear it would just shake and shut off (R,D,2,L)but when the I place the 4by4 on neutral position and place it into gear (R,D,2,L)no shakes OR shutting off for that matter... could this mean the 4by4 switch is not functioning properly or the transmission is gone??
    Please help me with this problem ,suggestions,advice or even an answer would be great!
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 2, 2009, 07:48 AM

First try the simple stuff... check the transmission fluid level. If its low it can slip.
    log Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2009, 11:46 AM

Well I have tried that and that oesnt seem to be the problem,could there be anything else?
    jeffrey383 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2009, 02:35 AM

It's possible the filter in the trans is stopped up or the clutch in the lock-up converter is malfunctioning, typically if the clutch starts going south its first sign of trouble is lurching when you roll to a complete stop or the engine dies when you stop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Civic SI Stalling and Hesitation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 2000 Si Civic that for the past few months has been stalling at idle and hesitating on the highway. Feels like the engine is suddenly losing power. Going full throttle does not help. Sometimes moving the auto shifter to 3rd helps bring it back. The problem is that it is not...

95 grand am hesitation [ 2 Answers ]

While idleing it runs rough it hesitates at take off and when excellerating on highway or just driving. It gets worse if you are running the air conditioner.

Honda Civic 98 - Hesitation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Bought a Honda Civic Si manual '98 two months ago from dealership. 3 Days later start having probs - Starts up fine and runs well for first 3 miles or so then once up to running temperature starts suddenly losing power, then starts forward again - this goes on for a mile maybe then it just...

Pontiac grand am 98 se 2.4 engine hesitation [ 7 Answers ]

Having trouble with my car. When it is on a red light or stop sign or even on drive position it Likes chokes like its not giving fuel. I tap the gas pedal and it goes. Also, When starting my car it cranks but I have to press the gas pedal 1 time to start. It doesn't give me a hard time in the...

View more questions Search