Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 19, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    THIS is my idea of "created in his image". Physical characteristics mean nothing.
    So does that mean our beaings are created in GOD's image, so our spirt is created as GODs is. Or is it in his idea of what we should look like. And does that conflict with our understanding that we are able to make our own choices? If GOD knows everything, then GOD would know how we will react in any given situation, thus, we are given situations that GOD persents us, and we react how he intended us to react. How can we have free will if we were created to do as GOD intended us to?? Are we all just random parts of a mechine, Planet earth? Intersting.

I like your idea, very interesting.

peasce and kindness.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jan 19, 2009, 01:12 PM

If physical characteristics do not mean anything, a gnostic error, then why did Jesus Christ, for those who believe, present to us as a human?

If physical characteristics did not matter, why [ did Jesus Christ ] heal lepers and the physically ill?

Matthew 9: 1-8

G&P
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    If physical characteristics did not matter, why [ did Jesus Christ ] heal lepers and the physically ill?

G&P
    Apparently he can't heal amputees.

NK.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 19, 2009, 02:17 PM
    [QUOTE=inthebox;1495930]If physical characteristics do not mean anything, a gnostic error, then why did Jesus Christ, for those who believe, present to us as a human?

Matthew 9: 1-8

Human Form is merely a vehicle that we use to roam THIS planet. Jesus was God in "human form". He came to show us what living a Godly life was supposed to look like. Our true essence is not our bodies.

This vehicle known as our body breaks down, sometimes prematurely.
    It's only common sense to keep it going as best as we can. This does not conflict with our essence being in the image of God's essence. Do you see God as a body> Is it a "he or she". Does he look white black, Asian or whatever? This is the 2nd time that I have confronted a poster that believes God's physical image is the same as ours and have yet to get an answer. Which one of us does God look like?
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 19, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Apparently he can't heal amputees.

NK.
    I love the way an atheist sees things. So clear, profound, obvious, and funny.:D:D:D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2009, 03:29 PM
    >Thread Closed<
    Degeneration .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I've created an airlock, can anyone tell me how to get rid of it [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I changed my bath and sink taps this weekend and so I drained the system and closed all the appropriate valves (or so I thought). Once I finished I reopened the system and taps worked fine. However my power shower now has nothing coming through it... just air. I am told I have created an...

Not Able to created a CD or DVD [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recelently received this sony handycam dcr-hc26 digital mini cassette camcorder. Well you can transfer your video to the computer through a USB cable, I have installed the software that was included and my USB streaming works with the video playing on the computer Now I Try to write a...

Religion and Science Fiction [ 15 Answers ]

The year is 3080, a war that has been going on since the satan was cast out of heaven still rages. The worshipers of the one true god, chirstians, muslims, jews, budditists etc. have forgotten their differences and united under one banner, the G.S.S. (Galactic Star Systems.) both human and alien. ...

How was coal created? [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious about how coal was created far below the surface of the earth. I have always thought that somehow it was compressed vegetable matter and if that is correct, how did it get covered so deeply?

What Is Created When [ 2 Answers ]

Benzene, TNT, Picric acid, Nitrocellulose + thermal engergy are combined. C6H6 + C6H2CH3(NO2)3 +(NO2)3C6H2OH + C12H16(NO3)4O6 + thermal energy --->?? :confused: :eek:

View more questions Search