Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Traveler Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2004, 12:08 PM
    Avoiding acid reflux
    If I have taken medication, how long should I wait before lying down? I ask this in order to avoid damaging my esophageal sphincter. I guess that the same question also applies to after eating food.
    bellbox Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2004, 04:13 PM
    Avoiding acid reflux
    Do you suffer from Acid Reflux Disease?
    If you are healthy, most people can lay down immediately after eating and such, as the function of the sphincter is to contain these things in the stomach.
    If you suffer from acid reflux, you may want to experiment as the time will vary from person to person; as a general rule, 2-4 hours to allow the stomach to empty would be advisable. Alcohol and certain medications (narcotics, tranquilizers, etc.) would have course slow down this process and/or serve to relax the sphincter so you would want to wait longer than normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acid did not go down [ 5 Answers ]

I was told by the guy at the hardware store that if plunging and using a snake don't work, try sulfuric acid. I bought a bottle and followed the instructions, but it didn't seem to work. The instructions say to flush five times when the drain is open, but I don't think it is and I'm afraid of...

Avoiding a tan [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys. Is there a way I can avoid getting a tan. I've started swimming and when I take off my swimming suit it loks lyk I'm still wearing it because my exposed skin has gotten darker. Lets be honest, sun blocks don't really work, they are made to protect from uv rays and stuff. Or is there...

Male coworker avoiding me [ 11 Answers ]

There is a new guy at work--been there about six weeks. He was so sweet and nice at first--made it a point to make eye contact with me and say hi, even if I didn't notice he was around at first. His smile lit up the world. I've smiled and made eye contact right back, and found reasons to visit his...

Folic acid [ 7 Answers ]

Is it safe for me to take folic acid and prenatal vitamins at the same time even though I hadn't had my period for 7 months? It been a week I have been taking it but I don't even know if I suppose to be experincing some symptons or not.. or is it safe?

Avoiding Registry Checker at Strartup Windows 98se [ 4 Answers ]

I recently tried out a trial version of Registry Mechanic.It found 80 mistakes,but being a trial version it only fixed 4 of them.I uninstalled the trial version.Now every time I restart Windows 98se the Microsoft registry checker starts up(blue screen}and says repairing c:\windows\system.dat.My...

View more questions Search